Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
maxfindlay
My Carrier: o2

BB Z10 and Outlook

Hi. I've just bough the Z10. I was told that you could sync it with Outlook. (I could sync every previous BB with Outlook so readily beleved what I was told this time.) Looking through some of the earlier posts here, it looks as if you can't do this with the Z10. Is this really right? I have been going *mad* with BB Link software but don't seem to be able to do it. I'd be really grateful for some help here. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Z10 and Outlook

BlackBerry Link doesn't offer the same functionality as the old Desktop Manager did with syncing your PIM data.  I have read some threads where people suggest uploading your data to Outlook.Com, which can then be synced via the device itself.

Pretty much BlackBerry Link syncs media.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thorstenfixplease
My Carrier: O2

it won't sync with Outlook but it will sync with a previous Blackberry. There is a 3rd app for syncing BB10 with Outlook, I think it's $15
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Carrier: AT&T

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maxfindlay

Thank you everybody. That's a disaster for me. I'm going to have to try and return the wretched thing and get my money back. How *stupid* can BB get in not getting this right?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maxfindlay

Tx very much for this. This makes the BB Z10 a disaster for me. I'm going to have tro try and return the wretched thing and get my money back. How stupid is BB in making such an elementary mistake.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maxfindlay

Tx very much for this. This makes the BB Z10 a disaster for me. I'm going to have tro try and return the wretched thing and get my money back. How stupid is BB in making such an elementary mistake.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

I thought of a solution.

If I sync my 9800 with my outlook using the PC BB Desktop application, then use the Blackberry Link to copy my 9800 calendar data to my Z10.

Sounds easy, right?

Wrong - BB Link does not transer th calendar data from my 9800 to the Z10.

Even though the data transfer report says it has!

**bleep**! 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212

maxfindlay wrote:

I actually would have loved this phone if it wasn't for the Outlook.  It is just a Toy now.  I need a Tool !

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.