Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
alrssandro
My Device: z10

BB Z10 configuration mail problem

Good night to everyone!

Iesterday I bought a BB Z10, instead of buying any other smartphone, because of the possibility to migrate "easily" my data, I had a BB Bold 9700.

But:

1- I can not restore my data from BB Protect on the Z10;

2-the migration do not migrate mail account;

3-sms and mms are impossible to migrate;

In addition:

I read my webmail with Outlook, and this is the vault of my data, but I need to read the mails on my BB because I am always outdoor; even after the synchronization of Outlook with the webmail, I need to read on my BB Z10 the mails with useful information for my job.

Now, when I synchronize Outlook on the PC the BB Z10 loose all the mail:

is it possible to keep a copy of the mails on the BB Z10 like it happened on BB Bold 9700??????

Thaks in advance for your attention.

Alessandro.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CyberDaeng
My Device: Z10

Re: BB Z10 configuration mail problem

I had the same issue. Also using 9700 before and trying to move all contacts, sms from my 9700 to Z10. But no sucess during restoration.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I used BB Link to migrate my SMS messages from my 9810 and all worked fine.

As for the mail issue this is an issue with how you have Outlook set up.  You need to adjust your account settings in Outlook to leave a copy of mail on the server.  Better yet, and depending on your email service provider's capabilities, you should set up Outlook to access your email using IMAP instead of POP (as you are doing now.)  That way the changes made either in Outlook or the device will sync to the other. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Keep in mind that the Z10 utilizes a completely different email access method than your old BB.  Your old BB utlized the BIS system for email retrieval....that's a completely different system altogether. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alrssandro

Thank for the suggestion, it still doesn't work.

As I need to have a copy of the mail on BB I think I'll give back my BB Z10 and take an other smartphone, Samsung or Iphone on which works.

Thanks!

Alessandro

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

What do you mean it doesn't work? The iPhone and the Samsung will work EXACTLY the same way as the Z10.

When Outlook downloads the email it is deleting it off of the server. When it deletes off the server it will delete off of the Z10, as well. This will happen on the iPhone and the Android too.

You need to fix your Outlook setup or you will have this problem with any device you use (other than a legacy BlackBerry that uses BIS.)
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here is a KB that explains how to set up Outlook.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12283

Again, this will be a problem with any device or any other program or application you use to access your email. It's an Outlook setup issue, not a device issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alrssandro

I have have a lot of mail per day,  some with big attachment,  4-5 Mb, I can leave the mails on the server for few days. After? I would like to have a permanent copy of the mails on Z10, till I decide to delete it. I think it is not difficult to have an option that make me choose if I want to keep the mails......  The same as Outlook, which keep mails...

Thanks.

Alessandro.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Even of you get them to stay on the server you can only hold 30 days worth of email on the Z10 until OS 10.1 comes out next month.

Why can't you leave them on the server?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alrssandro

Because of the amount in bytes of tha mails, in any case after 10, 20 days I'll reach te limit of the server. The Z10 should work like Outlook, not difficult, keep the mails till I decide to delete it, instead of delete the mails if on the server are deleted.

Thanks.

Alessandro

Please use plain text.