Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: BB Z10

BB Z10 does not operate in general

Hello from Bulgaria,
My mobile service provider hasn't promoted the BB z10, yet.
So, it is not officially on the Bulgarian market.
I bought my BB z10 from Dubai and it will switch on but will not operate at all- neither the BB function, nor the VOICE function.
The Bulgarian mobile service provider's response to my problem is that "BB z10 is not officially promoted in bulgaria, yet and that's the reason it doesn't work in Bulgaria".
I'm not technical, so please help - ...do you think the answer I am given is valid or is my device rather damaged?
It is not coded for sure.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB Z10 does not operate in general

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Two possibilities I can think of...

1) You bought a Z10 that is not compatible with the radio frequencies used by your carrier:

2) Your Z10 is locked to it's original carrier. You check that here:

• Homescreen > Swipe down from top > Select Settings > Security and Privacy > SIM Card

At the bottom of the screen will be a section titled "Phone Network Lock"...if any of them say anything other than "Unlocked", you need to obtain an unlock code and unlock your BB so as to use it on your carrier.

If both of those issues are resolved, then your Z10 should at least work for voice, and should also work for data as long as you have a "generic" data plan on the account...if you have BIS on the account, that may impede data services.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code