Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
stavrich
My Device: Not Specified

BB Z10 email retention

I have been a BB user for the last 10 years and have been the owner of every executive device. I and most of my colleagues use and depend on our devices - email is the most important aspect.

For years I have resisted demands from our staff to supply iPhones or enable activeSync. I was looking forward to the Z10 and naively I expected most of the OS7 functionality to be carried over to the BB10 - but what a disappointment!.

I can accept most of the good functions not been carried over but I cannot accept the 30 day retention of emails. On my previous devices I have kept my email time limit retention to indefinitely for a good reason. I was able to refer to old emails easily, anywhere and anytime. I cannot work with only 30 days emails available on my smartphone - I am forced to use my z10 less and less and depending more and more on my laptop.

Unless something is done soon I will have to go back to my 9900 - carry on using the BES5 for as long as is possible. I am sorry to say but there are no valid business benefits or reasons to move over to the BB10 -  the other devices offers the same functions in one way or another there as the BB10. 

I was a great supporter of Blackberry - Blackberry knew what serious business people needed. Its a shame they did not develop two version - a Z10 Business Edition and Z10 Consumer Edition.

Let's have some of the OS7 functionality back, sooner than later.

Thanks

A disappointed user

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BB Z10 email retention

I have heard that some amount of email sync beyond the current 30 day limit could be coming in a future update. I'd like to see that soon, myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

One of RIM's program managers confirmed such publicly today in a twitter message.

When or how soon, he did not say.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
airbornesapper
My Device: 64GB Playbook and 9330 Phone

[ Edited ]

Great post...never knew that......the Z10 can wait until that's fixed for the very same reasons.

BB.....I am another long time supporter....You lot better be listening!!

Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD
My Carrier: Rogers

Keep moving means leave your email behind... pity
peace and love