Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

BB Z10 with Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2 Active Sync over HTTPS

Hey there,

i got a sending issue with a customer BBZ10.

All is working fine (Mails, Calendar, Contacts).

It´s no problem to send a mail over the Exchange-Account since there is no attachment in it.

Once there is somehing attached, the mail shows an error-Symbol like "One-Way-Street", but no error-code...

Thx for all replys/answers.

Andy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB Z10 with Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2 Active Sync over HTTPS

Hello basics,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with a customer being unable to send messages with attachments using their BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Does this occur with any file attachment or only specific ones? Do you know if the files sent exceed 7.5 MB?

Thank you. 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey FozzieBear,

It´s not specified by any formats and we only tested attachments between 500kb-1,5mb.

thanks for your answer.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

New Contributor

Hey there,

nice answer, thanks a lot.

But my Customer-Server is Windows 2003 Server Small Business SP2 with an Exchange 2003 SP2.

There´s no "applicationhost.config"-File to found and edit...

But the solution may be match to mine.

Is there anyone, who can use it to IIS6 with Windows 2003 Server and tell me?

I´m not a Professional in IIS...

Contributor

on your exchange server go to program files>microsoft>exchangeserver>v14(2010)>clientaccess>sync

in there look for a file called web.config and find the line:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="220240"/>

mine was set to 10240

restart exchange server

Contributor

maddmikk wrote:

on your exchange server go to program files>microsoft>exchangeserver>v14(2010)>clientaccess>sync

in there look for a file called web.config and find the line:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="220240"/>

mine was set to 10240

restart exchange server

I think you missed the part where the OP indicates this is an Exchange 2003 server not an Exchange 2010 server, so that path wouldn't exist for them.

To the OP - we need more detaila bout your enviornment. Do you have an ISA/TMG server in front of the Exchange 2003 server? If so this could be the issue: http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002060243/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002060243

Otherwise please provide as much detail about your setup as possible.

New Contributor

Hi Hotfix,

thanks you to set this thread right back to Exchange 2003 :-)

The Enviroment

- Microsoft Small Business 2003 Server updated to SP2 and Echange Sp2 incl. all Patches.
- Firewall is a Cisco ASA 5505 where only default ports going Outside and HTTPS ist opened to realize the connection for PushMail-Services.
- The IIS ist set to only answer certified the "Default Web Site" and "Microsoft Server ActiveSync" over SSL.

- The Exchange communicates over a Smarthost, so there is no direktly incomming connections!

...do you need any other information, let me know

Thanks very much

Contributor

basics wrote:

Hi Hotfix,

thanks you to set this thread right back to Exchange 2003 :-)

The Enviroment

- Microsoft Small Business 2003 Server updated to SP2 and Echange Sp2 incl. all Patches.
- Firewall is a Cisco ASA 5505 where only default ports going Outside and HTTPS ist opened to realize the connection for PushMail-Services.
- The IIS ist set to only answer certified the "Default Web Site" and "Microsoft Server ActiveSync" over SSL.

- The Exchange communicates over a Smarthost, so there is no direktly incomming connections!

...do you need any other information, let me know

Thanks very much

What is the Smarthost (make/model), who maintains it, and what do you use it for (just SMTP relaying or all communications to Exchange)?

The reason I ask is if you are using that host for more than SMTP relaying, such as all communcations like an ISA/TMG server, then it could be the source of the HTTPS ActiveSync connectivity issues.

If you have Public IP addresses on your Cisco firewall with a direct proxy to the internal Exchange server for IIS traffic, then in theory there shouldn't be anything stepping in on this process. In that case I would recommend you are running a recent version of the Cisco firewall firmware as they may have addressed the issue you are seeing.

Also I see others complaining about Cisco firewalls timing out connections before the back-end services thinks they should, so you might exploire this as well. See the following link for an example of what I am talking about: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2037723