Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: DU

BB10 BBM couldn't retrieve old BBM Contacts using BB ID

Hello,

Bought New BB Z10, couldn't retrive my BB Contacts using BB ID, kindly advise to fix the same.

BR

Ravi

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB10 BBM couldn't retrieve old BBM Contacts using BB ID

What device were you using before? Did you have the latest BBM installed on the old device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I had a similar problem. Just make sure, as the previous poster alluded to, that your BBM on your old device is up to date. Also make sure to use the same BlackBerry ID you use is the same on each device. Allow some time for your data to move to move between "clouds". 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

the key is having the most current version on the old device before switch. Then it's a pretty quick process when you login with the Z10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you, i was using 9790.

New Contributor

Thank you,

It was with latest software, Was using the same ID, i have only one BB ID, more than 24 hrs nothing happened.