Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB10 - STL100-3 OS 10.1.0.4181 VERY BAD

My Z10 under the previous OS version was excellen, with superb battery longevity of about 14-18 hours, a HUB that worked, messaging that was consistent, CPU stayed cool; everything worked.Got the Z10 in Feb 5 under Rogers in Canada, and, was most pleased.  NOT NOW!

Under the updated 4181 MR OS, things are just not happy!

Battery lasts between 3 to 4 hours, CPU is constantly hot (36C+), the HUB is a mess with emails and notifications going into random places or just disappearing.  Basically the Z10 is rendered useless under this 4181 MR. I wiped the machine, and reinstalled just the OS and base programs; made no difference. All the bad things re-appeared.

It seems that something either in the OS or the base programs is in some sort of loop state, or always running at 100% or some subroutin is not shutting off which might explain why the CPU is constanly warm and why power consumption is so high.

Somehow I would like to re-install the previous OS to the MR, but cannot find it, or the required process. BB LINK is useless.

SD Green

North Saanich, BC, Canada

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10 - STL100-3 OS 10.1.0.4181 VERY BAD

sdgreen, when did you perform your upgrade?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code