Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JKNorth
My Device: Z10

Re: BB10 Won't Sync via USB with iCal and Contact in Mac OS 10.8

Really? It's already been posted that the simple solution is to sync with iCloud. Seriously, who uses a cable in 2013?

I'm not sure most Mac users use Outlook either. I think most use The native Mac Mail, Calendar and Contacts.

Regardless, iCloud sync works and will put your contacts and calendar appointments into the Z10, and yes, changes you make will replicate across all platforms.

The one minor difference between the BB10 sync and iPhone sync is that Apple's sync is instant, and the BB10 sync takes up to 15 min in the background. Be a little patient. When you are testing this seems like a big deal, but in actual use it is not.

Make sure you have the latest OS.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

The iCloud sync DOES NOT work properly. Sometimes individual contacts are there and then they will disappear from my Z10 but are still on my computer. I think it may relate to picking up information from Facebook. This is most frustrating and it takes more than 15 minutes to sync. So it s difficult to ensure that the record actually comes across.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phughes
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry, I don't have iCloud, nor do I want it. For one, I don't like my personal information stored on someone else's server. I also am running 10.6.8 and cannot get iCloud unless I upgrade, which I don't want to do on this machine since some programs I use won't run on the updated OS.

My thought though is this. I have two machines int he same room. Why should I have to go to the internet to sync them. That is ridiculous. I am also often in places where there is no internet, phone or otherwise, and yet I still need to sync. I often have service only on my phone using Cellular at Sea, but don't want to spend money on internet service for the computer, so I cannot sync. I can sync with a cable, or bluetooth is they enable it.

Some people have different needs than you.

I ended up using PIM Backup. It lets you export to vCard and vCalendar formats. I export the Blackberry calendar, then inport it into a new calendar on the computer. Then I delete the old calendar on the computer. It is a bit clunky but it works for now.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope that Blackberry fixes this problem. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
akialan
My Device: Q10

next year??? are they kidding?? 

no icloud sync? no usb sync, so... what is the purpose of this F devices? just for fun?

we use that for working... Blackberry should know! are they going to kick their customers away???

what a wonderful joke!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
geoidesic
My Device: Q5

Sync works but some of my contacts are just missing. I think it's to do with a conflict with facebook contacts. Every contact in my Mac address book that has a facebook profile is broken... it shows only the facebook information and not the mac addressbook information for that contact. Which of course is useless. The point of a phone is to be able to call your contacts, which I can't currently do. Not to mention that the microphone quality is appalling.

I want to love this phone but it's like buying a car that has all the luxuries but can't drive on the road.. pointless. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

I have my iCal and contacts synching through iCloud, but find that for some mysterious reason there will be a problem. If you go to settings and accounts it will say that something changed. If you re input the password for whatever us indicated as a problem, usually iCloud and gmail, the problem fixes until the next time. It is very annoying but seems to work until I get a new phone. I will miss the predictive typing but not the aggravation with the rest.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phughes
My Device: Not Specified

You guys dredged up an old thread. The current version of Link syncs to the Mac without using the cloud. I can sync the calendar and contacts now with Link.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

How are you synching and us it wireless!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
akialan
My Device: Q10

Yes, you may say we are making the old noise, but... the fact is... why we can't sync wirelessly but need a cable nowadays?? this is just a basic need for a so-called smartphone... and the point is... we can use it on day 1... and then problems, problems and problems! we just hope BB will take this as a serious issue and fix it asap...
you know what... even the the chinese input... still suck to me... how come???
Please use plain text.