Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Z10-Ontario
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BB10 possible bugs and missing features

I’ve been using the Z10 on the Rogers network for approx 5 days now and I love it. It’s such a MASSIVE improvement from the OS 7. While using it I have the found the following issues or potential bugs.

Possible bugs

1)      I deleted LinkedIN from my applications but every time I do a reboot is shows back up in my app list as can be seen on the attached picture

2)      I have had to restart my phone once almost daily. I have the phone set to lock after 30 seconds.  When I end a call about once a day I swipe up which should bring up the prompt to enter my password but it does nothing. The phone isn’t frozen but it won’t give me the option to login. I then hold the screen lock button down and do a restart which corrects the problem. I've noticed a couple times it has happened while plugged into the charger..Might be related might not.

3)      Today while in the hub I was sliding an open bbm conversation to the right to bring up the hub and the bbm screen stopped half way and stayed there...again had to restart

** Number 2 seems like the biggest issue to me**

Missing features (or I don’t know how to do them yet)

1)      Unable to make a call from a contact in bbm. Was able to do this in BB7. So if I was talking to someone in bbm and needed to call them I could just hit the dial bottom on their image and it would make a call.

2)      Unable to cut and paste into the dial pad. Example would be looking up a phone number and the web then cut and pasting that number into the dial pad to make a call. I can’t seem to figure this one out so now I’m scrolling back and forth between the browser and dial pad.

Thanks BB!

Get Attachment

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yhnhny
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: BB10 possible bugs and missing features

Z10-Ontario wrote:

I’ve been using the Z10 on the Rogers network for approx 5 days now and I love it. It’s such a MASSIVE improvement from the OS 7. While using it I have the found the following issues or potential bugs.

Possible bugs

1)      I deleted LinkedIN from my applications but every time I do a reboot is shows back up in my app list as can be seen on the attached picture

2)      I have had to restart my phone once almost daily. I have the phone set to lock after 30 seconds.  When I end a call about once a day I swipe up which should bring up the prompt to enter my password but it does nothing. The phone isn’t frozen but it won’t give me the option to login. I then hold the screen lock button down and do a restart which corrects the problem. I've noticed a couple times it has happened while plugged into the charger..Might be related might not.

3)      Today while in the hub I was sliding an open bbm conversation to the right to bring up the hub and the bbm screen stopped half way and stayed there...again had to restart

** Number 2 seems like the biggest issue to me**

1)      Unable to make a call from a contact in bbm. Was able to do this in BB7. So if I was talking to someone in bbm and needed to call them I could just hit the dial bottom on their image and it would make a call.

2)      Unable to cut and paste into the dial pad. Example would be looking up a phone number and the web then cut and pasting that number into the dial pad to make a call. I can’t seem to figure this one out so now I’m scrolling back and forth between the browser and dial pad.

Thanks BB!

Get Attachment

I can answer your #2 issue. I don't think you can set the phone to "password lock" after 30 sec. The minimum you can choose is 1 min. You confused "password lock" with "screen lock". But it's not your fault. BB should merge these 2 things.

黑莓
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Z10-Ontario
My Device: BB Z10

Yes, you are correct. Screen lock is set to 30 sec and device lock is set to 1 minute. Regardless, the bug still exists.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

Possible bugs

2)      I have had to restart my phone once almost
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

BASE APPS (liked Linked in ) can't be deleted. You can stick it in a folder where it is less bothersome.

Once the screen times out, If you swipe up once but don't swipe far enough up, you'll get a display that shows the time in large font and some notifications icons. You have to swipe up again to get to the password entry screen. The display shows some upward moving chevrons to indicate this.

With the screen off and the device locked, swiping up once and far enough in one motion will take you straight to the password screen.

Copy  and paste works like the playbook. Touch and hold a word on the screen. The word will highlight with sliders at each end. Move the sliders to include what you want to copy. Tap the selected text and the menu should appear from the right. Select the copy icon (two pages?)

To Paste, touch and hold where you want the copied text to go, the menu should appear, select the paste icon.

Many things can now be 'shared' so less copy and paste is required.

In a web page? select the 'more' icon (3 dots), select share, select what you want to share with.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji

:Helpsmilie:

* Number 2 seems like the biggest issue to me**

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji

BB10 possible bugs and missing features
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji

Number 2 seems like the biggest issue to me**

1)      Unable to make a call from a contact in bbm. Was able to do this in BB7. So if I was talking to someone in bbm and needed to call them I could just hit the dial bottom on their image and it would make
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ctfish
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

#2 - I have the exact same problem. I posted it after you. I did it as a one off issue as I wanted to ensure it didn't get lost in a longer list.

I believe the password screen has issues in-and-of-itself and seems to be the root of at least a few quirky issues. I have the PlayBook and the password screen has issues on occasions. The difference being it doesn't have to contend with all of the new features of the BB10 OS so I don't believe the issues manifest as regularly. But it does have weird behaviours as well, and I wonder whether it was looked at very closely in the new build of BB10.

#3 - I have had a few weird screen issues. It didn't happen in BBM but in other screens for me it has been very rare, and very random.

I can't help other than to say that it is not a problem which you alone are experiencing.

Best regards,

ctfish

Please use plain text.