Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

BBID password

upgraded to Z10. set up OK and transferred info from previous BB device.

then had problem with Z10 so changed it.

now cannot access anything via BBID as wont accept password. tried to reset but if email is sent to BB mail address cannot access as do not have password, etc, etc, etc. initiated the diverted mail procedure but nothing via that either.

how do I retrieve the email so that I can complete the restting of the password?

can someone please point me in the right direction as it is driving me nuts?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBID password

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Follow the info below!

How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password

From the BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

1. Swipe down from the top bezel on the home screen and select Settings.
  2. Scroll down and select BlackBerry ID.
  3. Select Change Password.
  4. Enter the current password in the Current BlackBerry ID Password field.
  5. Enter the new password in the New BlackBerry ID Password and Confirm New Passwordfields.
  6. Select Submit to complete the password change.
  7. To confirm the change You have changed your password will be displayed.

Also, if the BlackBerry ID password has been forgotten, select Forgot Password on the smartphone and answer the recovery question to generate a password reset email. Follow KB28685 to complete this process.

Note: When using the recovery question password reset method, the generated email will be delivered to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone if the BlackBerry ID email address has been setup via Settings >Accounts

From a computer:

1. Visit http://www.bbid.com/ from a PC or BlackBerry smartphone browser.
  2. Click Log in.
  3. Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and password, then click Sign In.
  4. Click Account Details.
  5. Next to Password, click Edit.
  6. Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click Save.
  7. Click Done to exit from the BlackBerry ID account information screens.

From the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 6:

1. Navigate to Options > Third Party Applications > BlackBerry ID.
  2. Click on Change next to BlackBerry ID Password.
  3. Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click OK.
  4. A confirmation message will display Your password has been successfully changed.
  5. Click OK.

From the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7:

1. Navigate to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID.
  2. Click on Change next to BlackBerry ID Password.
  3. Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click OK .
  4. A confirmation message will display Your password has been successfully changed.
  5. Click OK.

From the BlackBerry Playbook tablet:

1. Navigate to the Options icon.
  2. Select BlackBerry ID.
  3. Click on the Edit button next to Change Password.
  4. Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click Submit.
  5. A confirmation message will display You have changed your password.
  6. Click OK.

If the password for a BlackBerry ID account has been forgotten and the login is unsuccessful, use the following process to reset the password.

Note: If the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed, it is necessary to provide the answer to the password recovery question as part of the web based password reset flow.  To see if a BlackBerry ID account is confirmed, login to the BlackBerry ID account, select Account Details and locate the Email Status field.  For instructions on confirming the BlackBerry ID account follow  KB34137.

To generate a password reset email, complete the following:

1. Browse to the following URL using a desktop browser, the Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook: http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword
  2. Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and the CAPTCHA characters, then clickSubmit.
  3. Enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, then click OK. (Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed)
  4. A confirmation message will be displayed A password reset email has been sent to email@domain.com , at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the associated email address inbox.
  5. Login to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the desktop browser, BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone or the browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
  6. Locate the password reset email and select the Change your BlackBerry ID password link.
    Note: The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com If the email is not found in the inbox, check the Spam or Junk folder.
  7. When the password reset page loads, enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, enter the New PasswordConfirm Password, then click Submit.  
    Note
    : Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed. 
  8. A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.
  9. Moving forward use the newly created password whenever logging into BlackBerry ID.

Note: If the BlackBerry ID email address is a BlackBerry mail address (e.g. <username>@tmo.blackberry.net), the BlackBerry ID password reset email will not be received on the BlackBerry smartphone. Since the BlackBerry mail address is not accessible from a computer, the steps outlined in KB28111 will need to be performed.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have followed the relevant steps, ie setup an email address for auto forward purposes and then requested a reset of the account password via the recover password link. This stated that email would be sent to following account {REMOVED}. however the email has not been fowarded to the preferred account.

Following procedure in KB28155:

Once I access the Setup icon and select Email Accounts there is no selection Internet Mail Account and as such cannot perform the remainder of the steps as they are not available (ie Edit, Delivery Options, AutoForward, etc)

Am I missing something? Between the ears or otherwise!

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Forums Advisor III

Seems whatever email your entering isn't link to your Blackberry ID are you entering the correct information? 

New Contributor

Have I missed something when entering info for email to be linked to BBID? How is it linked. I following the setup instructions and assumed that was it!

New Contributor

Hi Rob

Sorted the BBID issue.

removed all BB software from PC; carried out security wipe on Z10; reset new BBID and password; started again with BB Link on PC and transferred info from old device. all sorted - happy days.

Thanks for your input

Paul

Forums Advisor III

Every good

Sorry I couldn't report back because I been busy that is good news!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

What happens when you've forgotten the answer to your security password and you end up at this message when trying to reset your password?

"There have been a number of failed attempts to authenticate with this BlackBerry ID Username and Password. This is your last attempt before the feature is locked."

DJ Reyes
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

djreyes wrote:

What happens when you've forgotten the answer to your security password and you end up at this message when trying to reset your password?

"There have been a number of failed attempts to authenticate with this BlackBerry ID Username and Password. This is your last attempt before the feature is locked."

Hello,

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation...I am pretty sure that one of the KBs linked in that thread lists all of the various error messages:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

@sdgardne, thanks. I shall check that out and hopefully find something useful

DJ Reyes