Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Developer
crypticro
My Device: Z10

BBM Error

I have been using the new Z10 for more than a week now and everything has just worked fine.
But today, around 7.30pm CET BBM stopped working. I get an error message that I would need a data plan:

My Carrier: Swisscom (Switzerland)
The error occurs on 2G, 3G, 4G an Wifi...

Anyone can provide any help?

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BBM Error

Hi crypticro and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Have you contacted your carrier to see if they have made any changes to your account? Also, If you want to send me your BlackBerry PIN, I can take a look to see if your data plan is active on our end.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

sangardia
My Device: z10-STL100-1

I have the same problem here, it was working fine for the last 2 weeks, but suddenly same error happening to me. There is no problem with network, reload OS + wipe was done and OS was upgraded to 10.0.10.82, but nothing change. Please help me....

New Developer
crypticro

[ Edited ]

Hi CptS

I am pretty sure there's no carrier network related problem as I have tried it with SIM Card, without SIM Card (wifi only) and tried it with a SIM Card of another carrier, same result. Additionally, I am an employee of that carrier myself and I am aware of the current network status.

I also security wiped my device, but Problem persists

I sent the PIN by PM..

Thanks for your assistance!

crypticro

Visitor
cheetbop
My Device: BlackBerry z10

I also have the same problem it has been working fine uptill about 11pm yesterday night UK time I thought it might have resolved itself but no luck any help would be appreciated =)
New Developer
crypticro

Today I received an update notification informing me that an application update was available (3 MByte). I installed the update. After installing it I was able to oben the Messenger again but only lasted a few seconds before I received the same error again. What's the problem?
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi crypticro,

If the SIM card requires a BlackBerry data plan to access BBM on the BlackBerry Z10. If you would like to send me your BlackBerry PIN via Private Message, I can verify if any BlackBerry services are activated on your account.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Developer
crypticro

Hi -CptS

The problem has been resolved. I canceled the BIS option after I used the Z10 the first time that kind of canceled BBM registration on your side. Actually, the Z10 should register this automatically when used the first time as I've been told but with the de-activation of BIS things got mixed up.

Maybe there's a bug on the Blackberry side. I am sure im not the only one. Because people don't cancel their BIS option before they have the new device (at least I wouldn't).