Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook
Accepted Solution

BBM Invite problem

I started BBM, selected 'invite', sent the invite to an email address.

The target received it and it appeared as a BBM invite, which they accepted.

I received a response, which also appears to be via email. When I go online via the web, I see the response email.

But:

On the Z10, I manually selected 'refresh', I momentarily saw the response email show up in HUB, then it vanishes.

I don't see it anywhere in HUB.

I checked BBM, and it does not show any new contact or anything?

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: BBM Invite problem

The BBM invite if not sent using the PIN and using the email address, uses an email which normally deletes by itself after the recipient has received the email. The blackberry  system understands that the email is to be deleted and is deletng the email on your device. If your email is synced properly, the mail on the web should also get deleted from the server after it is deleted from the Z10. 

Please check after some time if the email still exists on your web.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: BBM Invite problem

I think my invite target didn't accept the invite correctly some how.

I resent the invite and told them to accept from inside BBM, and it seems to have worked this time.