Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Gazelle
My Device: Blackberry Z10 switching from Bold 9700

BBM Invites

I have firends tha use the Blackberry Bold 9700. When I was setting up my Z10 I had a friend text me his pin # so I could set him up as a BBM contact. This turned out to be a troublesome task. The only options the Z10 offered me was to scan the barcode or Tap the phones. I had to send another text explainig the situation and have hiim add me for the connection to setup. Does anyone know of how to add a persons pin # by typing it in, am I missing something?

I am also having a hard time finding my pin information. Where is it hiding?.

Please use plain text.
SonnyWood
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM Invites

pin is in Settings \ About \ Hardware
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Put the pin in your address book first. Then just search for that contact from the address book.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

The autotext shortcuts also still work:

Word Substitution

Learn to use the pre-loaded entries such as "ld" for today's date, "lt" for the current time, "mypin" to enter your Z10 PIN, or "myver" to instantly enter your BlackBerry model and OS version installed.

As for adding a contact - make sure you are not trying to add a contact in the HUB. Launch the actaul app and select menu (3 dots on right) and INVITE TO BBM and type away

Please use plain text.
hari_gorak
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

You can directly type your friends pin as if you were typing his phone number. It will automatically detect it as PIN.

Please use plain text.