Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
yuliabong
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BBM Profile Picture Updates Error

Hi There,

I have bb Z10 and I have change my bbm profile picture many times but my contacts are unable to see my picture updatethey can only see my old profile picture. i have restarted the phone many time and follow many instruction from friends but nothing worked. however if i change my status it showed to my contacts. My sister have the same problem and she is using bb Q10. Could you please help me to fix the problem since i have this problems for more than a month now.

Thanks.

Yulia 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM Profile Picture Updates Error

Hello yuliabong

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear your having this issue with BlackBerry Messenger.

Have you reloaded the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone operating system? In order to do this you would have needed to connect your BlackBerry z10 smartphone to a computer with BlackBerry Link installed. Once BlackBerry Link detected your BlackBerry z10 smartphone you could have created a full backup of the data and reloaded the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

I would try to reload the BlackBerry 10 OS on your BlackBerry z10 smartphone to help resolve this issue. If this does not fix the issue I would contact your wireless service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry technical support.

Please follow the information below to reload the software on your BlackBerry z10 smartphone.

*Note before reloading the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone software please backup the data stored on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link.

BlackBerry Link can be downloaded and installed from the below site:

www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

To backup the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone Software please follow the below steps:

Windows/Mac

1.On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
2.Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3.At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
4.Click the Settings icon. In the Settings view, in the left pane, click Back Up Now.

Note: You can select data to include in your backup files by selecting specific data in the Settings view.

Alternatively, the following steps can also be performed:

1.To back up your device data, you can also click beside your device at the bottom of your screen. Click Back Up.

To reload the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone software please follow the below steps:

1.Open BlackBerry Link.
2.Connect the smartphone using the micro USB cable.
3.At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click the Computer tab.
4.Select settings.
5.Under Reload Device Software, select Reload.
6.Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone smartphone has been reloaded please attempt to test to see if the issue can be reproduced.

I look forward to your reply

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yuliabong
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi There, Thanks for the reply, I did fix the bbm pp updates by reload the device. However when I tried to restore my backup data from blackeberry link, it keep giving me error message "restore did not complete". Now I lost everything from my phone. Then I tried to restore the backup data to my bold 9900 from blackberry desktop manager, it did successfully restore but not all the data get restore.
Please use plain text.
budimg
My Carrier: Indosat

Since this happened to more than one persons - I believe - most of BB Z10 users are having the same problem, can RIM do something to fix this problem ?

This is kind of ridicoulus problem ever ... I've been using BlackBerry for more than 7 years, and this is the most ridiculous problem ever.

I'm the IT person, I would rather to have the new OS upgrade which can fix this problem rather than doing the reload which will be a 50-50 solution. I do not want to spend time only doing a 50-50 problem solving.

Please use plain text.