Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
kmascoll
My Device: bbz10

BBM Settings

I can't seem to find the settings for BBM.  Specifically the ones that show my status messages.  I know i can pull down the top of the screen when i'm in the bbm app, but do we have the same control as we did up to OS 7?

For example,

When I first set up BBM on my z10, I started getting a bunch of messages from people asking me how bb10 was.  I still can't find where they would see that on my profile. (I don't want to advertise my new z10 after just shelling out $350 for it.  I deserve advertising dollars)

I now know I can keep my location private, but I did log into the stock 'games' app, and now i can't remove it from my bbm profile under the 'apps' tab.  

Some people are big on social networking and sharing everything, but I do use this as a corporate phone as well and have colleagues as well as my boss on bbm.  They don't need to know that i'm playing games.  While some people don't mind, I personally find it unprofessional and think I should have the option to remove it.

Is there a way for me to really see how people see my profile?  

And I've actually found one app that won't run unless I connect it to bbm.  'Calc Hub'

While I think bbm connect is great, with all the mishaps happening when people get on social media, I would like to have the option to share exactly what I want to.  I feel uncomfortable when I think that an app I download, message I type, or even picture I may have taken can be shared with everyone on bbm because I can't find or don't posess the right setting or permission.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM Settings

To see your current BBM Status message, open BBM, open your BBM app and simply touch your name at the top of the screen. Your current status message is on the second line.

Below that, you can click on "updates" to see your past status updates.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
kmascoll

Thank Sanders,

I know I can touch my name, but when I select updates, there's nothing there.  My status message is empty, how do people know i've upgraded to bb10?

JSanders

Hmmm,... are you in any BBM Groups? The updates (not the tab, but the list of everyone's updates you can view) would show joining those groups. Somewhere your updates is updating.. .lol, but you say yours is empty?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

When you log into BBM the first time with the Z10 it automatically posts an update saying that you made the swtich to BlackBerry 10. 

Regular Contributor
kmascoll

Thanks BD,

I figured that it did it automaitcally, but how do I remove it and how come I can't see it?

Its just like buying a new car and the dealership trying to put on a license plate frame with their name on it.  I decline that too.  

Pay me to advertise!

Thanks again Sanders

JSanders

You're welcome. You can't revert a status update once it's made. But you can go and change your BBM status update to something different.

Knowledge Base Updates