If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
AlexZitto
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BBM Temporary Server Error

I've got the same issue; Temporary Server Error after it tries "Associating BBM with blackberry ID".

Last week, I lost all my BBM contacts and had to manually add them. It seems like it's going to be a similar story.

I'm almost regretting giving blackberry another chance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marc_W
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Exactly the same issue; started yesterday early evening UK time. In mid-conversation with someone (well, you know the sort - chat, do something else, chat, do something else) and came back to find "Temporary server error" on the screen. 

I tried all the stuff people have said on here: the engineer's reset (turn off/on), the hard reset (battery in/out), attempted to uninstall BBM to reinstall it - that's not allowed.

What I found most odd was that sometimes it would come up "Temporary server error - please try again" and sometimes it would come up with "Attempting to associate your Blackberry ID with your email address" and give me the three options of Device Swtich, Email or Continue.

Up until now the only problem I've had with my BBM (one week old) has been the odd "hang" in Clock and occasional moments in the browser when the "backwards swipe" hasn't worked. Other than that the only real problem has been with EE, who have been absolutely shocking. 

Likewise, hope it's solved very soon.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saifrahman
My Device: blackberry 9810
My Carrier: mobilink Pakistan

I know few friends in Dubai and Pakistan are facing the same problem (BBM Temporary Server Error) since yesterday. Although, my BBM is working fine. This seems like a service issue rather than a handset glitch and I hope it is resolved soon.

Please use plain text.
mahoury
My Device: z10
My Carrier: DU

yes we are having in dubai , same issue 

i suggested to make a big trash bin to through our bb in it 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saifrahman
My Device: blackberry 9810
My Carrier: mobilink Pakistan

Internet or network services never work 100% of time. As a matter of fact all services have downtimes or problems. I know many other mess engine services, email services, social websites etc have had downtimes. I am sure this problem shall be resolved too. Sooner is always better.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: du

It happened to me today morning when I woke up I saw the same error. I tried to click retry but I got the same error. I switched off and on my z10 and after I launched bbm then after 2 attempts it was successful. I got everything working with bbm now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke

I am living in Dubai and service provider is du btw.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mazenalhammad
My Carrier: stc

i had the same

when I click BBM it goes to get started (set up or cancel )

when I select set up it says trying to conct then ***temporary sever error **

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mazenalhammad
My Carrier: stc

if you got any news let me know

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cohenscoke

I had also an issue on the second day of having z10. I displayed the clock and let it.. after couple of minutes (maybe 10) when I tried to navigate the phone it got really slow and upon swiping up to it hang halfway through the screen and I waited for couple of minutes thinking it just got real slow, then finally I can't wait no more and turned off the phone and back. Then it worked fine up til now. But I fear that it will happen again if I display the clock and pull down the bed side mode clock.. im not so sure if that's what causing the problem. But that's what I noticed coz it happened twice already and never did it again. My z10 works perfectly now without a problem. I am able to use bbm video and voice too here in dubai with du.
Please use plain text.