Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BBM Temporary Server Error

I did the continue thing when I went into BBM and I lost all my chats and all my contacts. How do I get the contacts back? Please tell me!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,902
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ecosse, for my friend, after reconnecting and losing contacts they later performed a powered on battery pull and the contacts slowly began re syncing to their Z10. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ecosse

So I just tried the battery pulling out thing and it didn't work. Totally sucks!! Guys, there's gotta be a legit way of doing this. Please let me know what to do!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

If you're back up and running but hit continue and have no contacts you will need to try a battery pull. If that doesn't resolve it you will need to contact your carrier and get escalated to BlackBerry for resolution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ecosse

Are yous seriously kidding me?? You're telling me that there is no way to get the contacts back??? Blackberry going from bad to worse. Starting to hate this decision of mine. Jesus Christ!

There must be a way to get the contacts back. I don't want the chats or anything else. Just the contacts. What if I do a complete wipe and then do a device switch again??

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I gave you the instructions I have been given for when someone hits continue from the setup screen. Everything is backed up via BBID only. They are not saved anywhere else. You need to contact your carrier and get escalated to BlackBerry to resolve this.

Don't shoot the messenger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Actually, if you have the old device you can do a transfer again. I believe that is part of the solution BB Support will be utilizing.

Again, don't shoot the messenger.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I fail to see how taking the name of our Lord in vain helps anything.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ibimmer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: na

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ecosse

Yeah I still have the old device, but can you tell me what will happen to my music/ videos/ pictures and other details that I have on my new Z10?? How do I get them back on the device if I do a wipe and device switch??

Please use plain text.