Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Storm - PB

BBM VIDEO HAS NO AUDIOI

when I video chat on my z10 I get the video but no audio either direction. If I try to adjust the volume I get an icon of a speaker with a small lock beside it. I have only tried to video chat with playbooks but I have tried three different ones on both wifi and cellular 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM VIDEO HAS NO AUDIOI

Hello DREX and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with Video Chat.

The lock icon when you attempt to adjust the volume would indicate your audio is connected to another source. Are you connected to a Bluetooth headset or speakers? 

If you were to launch a music file and attempt to adjust the audio, does it display the same icon? Does the audio play?

If you turn off all network connections except Wi-Fi and the mobile network, are you then able to adjust the volume and hear the audio? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

I've found that when I've used BBM Video in the past, it has knocked out the audio service.

Restart the Z10 by briefly holding the power button and then pressing restart. You should have sound working fine after this.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Storm - PB

If I initiate the call from the PlayBook everything is fine.  I think it is a problem with the contact setup. The playbook doesn’t have BBM and so calling gets messed up with the BBM on the phone.