Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
kabsl
My Device: Z10

BBM and WIFI issues on Z10

Each time I turn on Wifi on my Z10, I stop receiving BBM messages and updates on the Z10.

turning off the wifi does not resolve the issue. I also need to do a hard reboot by removing and reinserting the battery.

once the device reboots, and wifi is off, BBM services resume.

Is this an issue with the Z10 or is it an issue only with my device?

Please use plain text.
Ferds

Re: BBM and WIFI issues on Z10

I am having the same problem with my Z10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Red77

Same here. I previously had a Torch 9810 and could have wifi and data on simultaneously and still send and receive BBM messages and emails. I got the new Z10 and have been informed by Rogers, after many calls, that I have to turn off the wifi or I can't get my BBMs or emails anymore. They say it was never possible, ever, but my Torch worked with everything on. I suspect either Rogers has changed something to help their fees add up or there is something wrong with how the Z10 chooses to send which way to send the data.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

See my post at:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/BBM-drops-out-when-switching-to-wifi-Repeatabl...

If I restart my device while at my wifi location (home), it properly conects to the wifi and BBM keeps working.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Red77

I have tried that but it doesn't help my Z10. It seems to be worse when I am at work because it keeps detecting the company secure wifi.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsofidiya
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am facing the same problem and i am on Etisalat network in UAE, therefore i believe it a problem with Z10. I don't what i have got myself into with this Z10.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Red77

My service provider doesn't know what the problem is and they won't let me talk to BlackBerry myself so there doesn't seem to be any resolution to the problem yet. Maybe it's programming in the Z10 since it is new. My friend with the Z10 doesn't have the same problem as me but he doesn't encounter my secure work wireless network so maybe that's why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mbpstar
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am having same DATA dropping issue.  I am with AT&T USA.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kabsl

my issues were resolved by updating the software on my Z10. i'm now using 10.0.10.82

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Red77

I am already running OS 10.10.85 without any improvement. I have also exchanged the phone without any resolution to the issue. It may be carrier related since I am with Rogers and my roommate is with Bell and he has no problems with his Z10.

Please use plain text.