Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mbpstar
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: BBM and WIFI issues on Z10

I have 10.0.10.88 just did a security wipe I'll report back soon.

New Contributor
mbpstar

Also.. I did sideload some apps on my device previously (instagram). I will see how it goes without doing that.

Contributor
Sparkygme
My Device: z10

I had this problem on Monday seems to have corrected its self
New Contributor
bsofidiya

I have installed OS version 10.0.10.82 and it seems to have resolved the problem. But i will wait for another couple days jsut to be sure.

New Contributor
micheliod16
My Device: z10

I am also having problems with BBM on wifi since the update to 10.0.10.85 the messages won't send or will sit there for 5 min then send. It's like I will have a connection for a short span then it goes away. BBM voice or video usually shows network connection error on wifi. Receiving updates and messages on wifi is rare. If I turn off wifi I have no problem it will send and receive instantly. Prior to update BBM voice and video on wifi was no problem. And non of my other devices such as my PlayBook have problems on wifi. Very frustrating. I tried changing settings on my wifi and phone to 2.4ghz and 5 ghz Instead of dual band as indicated on other post. But no luck or will work for short periods. I even cleared my phone and reinstalled and no difference.
New Contributor
Red77
My Device: Z10

I have had intermittent BBM problems with all versions of the OS when on wifi mostly although yesterday I had no BBM even though the wifi was off. What I tried yesterday was shutting off my mobile signal for 30 seconds yesterday and then turning the mobile signal back on. When the signal was turned back on then BBM was working again. BBM drops intermittently. Sometimes it works for a whole day and then vanishes.