Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
arpiat
My Device: Z10

BBM avatar thumbnails vanished since OS update

[ Edited ]

Hello anyone who reads this - this is my very first BlackBerry Forum post so appologies in advance if this is not written in the right place or in the right way, and if there was already a discussion on this that I did not locate beforehand.

I was exctied to get the OS 10 Update yesterday (my carrier is Bell), and the installation seemed to proceed without a hitch.  Following the mandatory restart, my usual apps all seemed to work fine so I was a happy camper.  Something I didnt' check or notice until this morning, though, was the absence of what used to be thumbnails when browsing for a different BBM avatar from within BBM.  At one time I used to be able to select the photo I wanted based on thumbnails depicting what the photo looked like, only smaller, now instead of that, where once those thumbnails appeared, each photos "new" thumbnail is just a generic frame and all photos have that same frame.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Update - as I was typing this message I initiated a restart on the Z10 (holding down the top button for a bit then selecting Restart) and the problem seems to have disappeared, yay! Do I post this message anyway? I mean, I already wrote it so nicely and everything... and if this can help someone else facing the same issue, then, by gosh, here I go clicking on Post right now!

Edit: Changed title to specify BBM Avatar Thumbnails

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Thumbnails vanished since OS update

Good post, it is always good practice to do a reboot after a major software update.

Can you edit the title to say "BBM avatar thumbnails..." so that it is searchable for others? :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: