Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
rayysai
My Device: Z10

BBM chat is acting WEIRD and it is VERY FRUSTRATING

hello there,

it seems that for some reason with a specific person that i talk to, whenever i open up a chat with them it goes to the very top of the chat (and seems to not go to the very beginning of our chat history might i add).

this has made it very frustrating and difficult to have a conversation with my friend and girlfriend. i literally have to always get out of the chat, click back in, get out of the chat, click back in....just to see what they or i wrote

is this a bug? is there a fix? it seems to be happening with those that i am talking with a lot and have a huge history with. 

please advise asap as my whole social experience right now is driving me up the wall and making communicating with my loved ones increasingly difficult

thank you

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BBM chat is acting WEIRD and it is VERY FRUSTRATING

Hey raysai,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently using?  This can be found by going to Settings>About.  Also if you end the BBM chat and start a fresh chat with the contact, does the issue come back?  Do you find this is happening with a days worth of history or a weeks worth of history?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rayysai
My Device: Z10

Hi and thanks for replying, 

STL100-3

If I end the chat and then reopen it, the issue is still there (keep in mind that I save my chat history so a "Fresh chat" doesn't mean a chat with no previous history, nor do I want to erase my chat history) 

This particular person I've been chatting with almost every day since I got the phone on release day on February 5th in Toronto so there are months of history. 

What I have also noticed is that the chat history doesn't start all the way at the beginning of when we actually started talking anymore either. Whenever a new line is entered by either her or myself, a line of history from the past is removed. This makes it frustrating as I can't go as back into the past as I once could, to review things we've talked about, the more we do end up talking.

Furthermore, these are the steps I have taken to try and remedy this situation:

1. Backed up my phone using Link

2. Did a full security wipe on the phone

3. Restored my phone using Link

(this whole process took about 4 hours)

The problem still remains 

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey raysai,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the reply.

To find the root cause of this issue we will need to gather some logs from the BlackBerry Z10.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

I appreciate your patience, this will help us find the issue within BBM and Saved Chat logs.

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.