Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
willi138
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Dialog

BBM issues on Z10

All my BBM contacts seemed to have transferred from my torch to Z10. I can't seem to send BBM messages to my contacts. I get a red logo (next to the message I typed) whenever I send a message to a contact. Also, I can't seem to add new BBM Contacts. All of my requests are in pending status and the intended recipients does not seem to receive them. Also, I don't seem to be getting requests to connect either. So basically nothing on BBM works.

I read somewhere on the web, that Z10 doesn't need traditional BB plan and should just add a smartphone plan which I have done as well but it doesn't seem like it has fixed my BBM issue. I've read multiple threads on BBM issues but haven't come across anything that can fix this issue. Appreciate any help that you can provide to fix this.

Thanks,
PK

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrianFMartin
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE (Formally T-Mobile)

Re: BBM issues on Z10

You sure you have the BB service connected? 

@BlinkBrian
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
willi138

I had the BB service plan and switched it to a smartphone data plan as BBM didn't work with BB service plan.  I read on a thread that Z10 works on a smartphone plan and not on a BB service plan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

You're quite sure you've set up your Blackberry Id on the Z10 ? First time you open BBM it should have prompted you if you wanted to switch it to your new device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
willi138

Yes.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,907
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Wlli138, that is the case on most carriers, however I don't think all mobile providers are clear on this at this point... I'd suggest one of two things...

• Call your mobile provider and ask them to escalate this issue BlackBerry tech support.
  • Have your BB data plan added back and see if the resolves the issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

They still have to specify that the device is a BlackBerry10 in order to get BlackBerry services. You should have a BB Logo up next to your signal bars on the home screen. If you have no BB Logo you are not connected to BB services for BBM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ttkk
My Device: Mold 9900 - Z10
My Carrier: Mobily, Saudi Arabia

I got the same problem

1st i couldn't connect to the internet using the cellure network and not apple to send any bbm messages.

then i solved the browsing problem but still can not use the bbm through mobile network, but the bbm works fine through wifi..

i called the mobile network providor but no one knows whats wrong, i think it might be a network problem

still trying......

any helps ??

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,907
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ttkk wrote:

i called the mobile network providor but no one knows whats wrong, i think it might be a network problem

still trying......

any helps ??

ttkk, on the home screen up near the name of the of the mobile provider, do you see the BlackBerry dots logo?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ttkk
My Device: Mold 9900 - Z10
My Carrier: Mobily, Saudi Arabia