Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

BBM not working on WIFI -

Hi,

I have a Z10 and  bb torch.  My provider is in Canada but I travel to the USA often and like to use my bb over wifi in the hotels / airports.  I am finding that there are times that i cannot connect to the bb network via wifi.

I currently have a Z10 and a BB torch with me.  This morning in chicago i was able to use both bb's and connect to the wifi in the hotel and both showed the little bb symbol AND bbm worked.

I am now in Boston and both phones are connected to the wifi.  THe Z10 has no bb symbol and I cannot send a bbm (when i open a chat with bbm there is no chat history and when i type a messege it just dissappers) HOWEVER my torch is online and has a bbm symbol so i don't think it is some limitiatoin from the router provied in the hotel as discussed by one of the other posts looking at the same issue.

I had read earlier that it might help to go into system setting>about>network> and register to bb network.  I am doing this and it says i am registered but still no bb symble and no bbm!

If anyone has any info as to what the problem might be it would be much apprecitated

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: BBM not working on WIFI -

Anyone seen this or have something to comment?  

My Device: Z10

I have the same issue. BBM is not working when Wifi is on..Im based in Dubai, UAE. If you have a solution please let me know :smileysad::smileysad:

New Contributor

I suffer the same here the answer from etisalat was that there is problem inBB registration over WIFIand I need to wait for the next update to fix it

Please not that it working fine on other carrier DU
Contributor

so that makes at least 4 of us with the same issue. of this 3 of us are in the UAE.

could it be an issue with Etisalat?

i have started an alternative post on this same topic - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/BBM-and-WIFI-issues-on-Z10/td-p/2208085

Same problem.. friend of mine was traveling to the US using her Z10 she bought here in Canada, and BBM is not working on WIFI. Not sure if it's a carrier issue or not...
New Contributor

I previously had a Torch 9810 and could have wifi and data on simultaneously and still send and receive BBM messages and emails. I got the new Z10 and have been informed by Rogers, after many calls, that I have to turn off the wifi or I can't get my BBMs or emails anymore. They say it was never possible, ever, but my Torch worked with everything on. I suspect either Rogers has changed something to help their fees add up or there is something wrong with how the Z10 chooses to send which way to send the data.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

See my post at :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/BBM-drops-out-when-switching-to-wifi-Repeatabl...

BBM does work over wifi if I restart the device while at my home wifi location, but simply deactivating wifi then turning it on again does not bring it back.

It appears that something in the new Z10 OS (.85) is messing up the handoff from wireless to wifi. It worked fine on the original OS.

My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Im in Kenya and everything worked up and till Thursday. My Z10 does not reflect the wireless icon in BBM and my Torch says I'm not connected to a wireless network even though I am and everything else works (Twitter, Internet and emails.

Has your problem been sorted.

I have the same issue here in Kuwait, i recently got 4G LTE router, internet works so fast on Z10 except BBM. If I turn data services on it will start to charge me per KB since I don't have a data plan. Please advise.