Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
GK16
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ROGERS

BBM not working on new Z10

I received my new Z10 last Thursday. All was good with transfer from old bold 9700. Used all functions for 36 hrs. Friday night BBM would not open. It jumps to BBM set up screen step 1 of 3. Asks to restore using Devise switch OR email. I connect to my back up on my work computer using LINK and It tries for a second to load, then screen 2 of 3, then BOMBS out saying Temporary Server Error. I've called Rogers Business Support and they say fix was notified on Monday. Gave me steps to follow, but did not work. Still WAITNIG ANOTHER DAY FOR ROGERS TO GET BACK TO ME.

Funny thing is when I'm in the HUB and I click BBM, I can see the messages from my contacts coming in still and read the first line, but I can not open any or reply as it always jumps to set up.

How weird is that?? I am still receiving the BBM's and see first line of text but can not open.

BRUTAL!!!!

Any SUGGESTIONS TO FIX???

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM not working on new Z10

GK16 wrote:

Funny thing is when I'm in the HUB and I click BBM, I can see the messages from my contacts coming in still and read the first line, but I can not open any or reply as it always jumps to set up.

Click setup and continue. Hopefully the probably ocurring last week has not been fixed.

After the setup if you don't immediately see your BBM contacts, do a powered on battery pull.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GK16

JS, thanks, I've done that a few times yesterday And today. No difference. Who it was initially told by Rogers Tech Support was this; "I got the fix for the BBM issue. Here are the step you can do It on your Z10: 

Turn OFF Wi-If

Register for Blackberry service under Setting > About > Click on Category And select Network from the list Click on Menu (3 dots) & click on Register Blackberry It should say Registered for blackberry services

Once Registration completes; Please test BBM Wi-If can be turned back ON after

Please reply if the issue is resolved or not."

If I go to BBM App. And click on the BBM tab. I get the same thing. It jumps me to BBM-SETUP - step 1 OF 3, I click on "Restore using Device Switch" AND then the Temporary Server Error comes up on the screen And the top of the screen says "Unable to complete set up".

If I go to the HUB And click on BBM, I see my last 8 or so messages And some have just come in over the last few days. I can read the first line or the message, However when I tap on one to open It It jumps me to the BBM Set Up (TOP OF SCREEN IN BLUE SAYS GET STATRTED). WEHN I tap set up It goes to the same as above (BBM Set up)

The other option I have is to Restore using Email, HOWEVER, that option says I will lose all contact And information!! DONT WANT TO DO THAT!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GK16

[ Edited ]

I was asked by the Rogers Tech to provide more specific info so they can update the Ticket with RIM/ (Blackberry)

Pretty Sad they can not get their OWN exclusive chart service working!!

This is what is was asked and provided:

OS Version is: 10.0.9.2372

Software Release is 10.0.9.348

Build ID: 415323

-----Original Message-----

From: escwireless.support@rci.rogers.com [mailto:escwireless.support@rci.rogers.com]

Sent: February-27-13 2:34 PM

To: Garry

Subject: Rogers ESA Ticket <Personal Content Removed>

Hi 

I am sorry, we are still waiting on RIM (Blackberry) to find a fix or work-around for this BBM issue. A lot of other customers have reported same issue with their new blackberry devices and RIM (Blackberry) is aware of this issue.

They have requested us to find out the OS version on the device. You can check OS version under settings >> about >> OS version.

Please send me the requested information so I can update the ticket.

Thank You,

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GK16

Rogers Tech support now tells me this: "BlackBerry has released 10.0.10.672 for the BlackBerry Z10 . Please update the software of the device and test."

I RAN SOFTWARE UPDATES AND THE LATEST IS NOW ACTUALLY 10.0.10.85.

So it downloads (148 MB) and installs, maybe 500 minutes in total to do Including the re-start..

I try to go to my BBM and same error!!! STILL NOT FIXED!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

GK16 wrote:

Rogers Tech support now tells me this: "BlackBerry has released 10.0.10.672 for the BlackBerry Z10 . Please update the software of the device and test."

I RAN SOFTWARE UPDATES AND THE LATEST IS NOW ACTUALLY 10.0.10.85.

So it downloads (148 MB) and installs, maybe 500 minutes in total to do Including the re-start..

I try to go to my BBM and same error!!! STILL NOT FIXED!!

GK16,

Have you done a factory restore? Before you do copy your address book to your sim card from your contact list so you don't have to transfer from your old Blackberry. After a factory restore, it will download the latest OS that rogers just posted and will start fresh. Once you are up and running and try to sign on to your BBM. Once signed on, all your BBM contacts will be there..

Please use plain text.
JSanders

GK16 wrote:

The other option I have is to Restore using Email, HOWEVER, that option says I will lose all contact And information!! DONT WANT TO DO THAT!

I would do that. Your contacts should sync back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GK16

"Should: sync back.... Ahhhh I think I'll wait for a "WILL" answer.. Thanks you very much!

Why should I have to go back to a factory install and lose all my time and effort to set this phone up the way I now want it and have downloaded the apps I want ect. That would waste at least half  a day of my life again!

I still don't understand how in the HUB I can see new BBM's coming in and read the first line, but not be able to open them and be asked to set up BBM. HOW CAN THE MESSAGES BE THERE AND STILL BE COMING IN IF I'M NOT SET UP.

Anyway, Rogers has had this for a week now and the new OS did not fix this

Please use plain text.
JSanders

argh. Have you actually done the restore using email?

I would.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GK16

No not yet, as I'm very afraid as it says I'll lose ALL contacts, and I'm deathly afraid of them NOT syncing back!!

My old phone is gone. Has been handed down to my son and was WIPED so no chance of retrieving from there if some thing goes wrong with sync and the new LINK I don't trust yet..

Please use plain text.