Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kgbalee
My Device: z10

BBM setup isssue on z10

Hi!

I am using the new z10 now about a week. Everything is working just fine except one thing. I couldn't setup the BBM. I'm opening it and it only say that: "Restoring your BBM information." and that's it. It just loading and nothing else happens. I've tried for hours. I spoke with the new supplier. They've reseted my sim card and I made a hardreset on the phone as well. Then I made a security wipe and I think almost everything. I had before a storm 2 but I didn't use the BBM on that because there were no service plan for that at my supplier in Hungary.

So please anyone can help me?
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM setup isssue on z10

Hello kgbalee and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue setting up your BBM.

Are you connected to a Wi-Fi network or are you using your data plan to complete the set up?

When you initially launched BBM, were you prompted to restore your list from an email account? Or log in with your BlackBerry ID?

If you reboot by pulling the battery, after the reboot are you able to now access your BBM?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
kgbalee

Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

I'm connected yes to a wi-fi network, and also have BIS. I have rebooted as well the phone, and my supplier reseted my sim card too. But still nothing. It stuck at the information restoring part. I have logged in as well with my Blackberry ID, so it just started the setup at the first time I launched BBM, but nothinh. Before the z10 I had a Storm 2, but I never used BBM on that phone because my provider hadn't got service book for that phone.

I don't know what else need to me to do... Maybe something stuck in my BBM ID. Can I reset my ID? I think its almost empty because I hadn't got a contact...

Retired
hmthepirate

When you first launched BBM did you get a prompt to restore your list from an email account or using your BBID?

Remove your battery for 10 seconds then reinsert it. Turn off WiFi and launch BBM. Is the screen still on restoring?

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
kgbalee

No. It doing for me from the first time.

I did what you just told me but still nothing. Have you got any idea what could be the problem? Should I take it back to the shop?
Retired
hmthepirate

Can you send me a private message with your PIN?

When you launched BBM for the first time, were you given a prompt to restore from Email?

To clarify, you did not use BBM on your Storm?

Did you sign in with your BBID on your Z10?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate