Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
dmbenez10
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

BBM voice chat problem between Z10 and BB9900 . Voice ob BB10 just echos...not sent to BB9900...yet 9900 works

So I have tried my Z10 with a Playbook and it works just great...

BUT

When I try to voice chat with my wife's BB9900 I connect but I cannot send any voice..it just echoes back at me...meanwhile I can hear her voice sent from the BB990

She doesn't hear any voice on the BB9900 sent from the Z10...

seems like a one way street...

Any suggestions?

I verified that the Playbook and Z10 work fine...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmbenez10
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: BBM voice chat problem between Z10 and BB9900 . Voice ob BB10 just echos...not sent to BB9900...yet 9900 works

SOLUTION RESOLVED....

Basically we troubleshot this problem...We took the bb9900 and Z10 to a local coffee shop and tested the BBM Voice...worked perfectly and even made Voice contact with other BB9900, curve and 9800 users...

So we came back to the house and contacted ISP provider and tested the router system...turns out the router is more than 5 years old and needed a new one ...

The protocol had to be set to WEP-64 from WPA to get things to work...we used a separate DLINK router to test this hypothesis...and it worked well...

So it wasn't the Blackberry phones..it was a router issue...and the ISP provider is replacing it for us..

For anyone facing similar issues...troubleshooting by eliminating the variables works...

Please use plain text.