Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bjohnston7
My Device: Z10

BBZ10 - screen burn in - line and dots on screen

new Z10 user and I have noticed that there is a circle, small blotches, and lines across the screen that will not disappear no matter how I clean it. It appears that some are on the surface and some are beneath the screen. I took it into best buy mobile, where I purchased the phone, and they say to contact Blackberry. When you go to contact page there is no direct support for BB10 devices and they say to contact seller. The only option I see is to post here about manufacture issues.

I just want to know if this can be fixed. The device works ok but the screen seems to be getting worse the more I use it. Kind looks like a burn issue that plasma televisions use to have. 

Any BlackBerry representative can provide some insight into how to resolve issue?

Thank You,

B

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Re: BBZ10 - screen burn in - line and dots on screen

First line of support is your carrier, so I'd start there, if they can't help make sure they connect you to Blackberry support.

Would you be able to provide a picture of what you are seeing so that we have a better idea of what you are experiencing? :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Take the phone back to the seller. From your description the screen must be defective. Before the first 30 days with most dealers they will give you a new phone over the counter. After the 30 day period they will send it out to Blackberry for service. I recommend you take an extended warranty for your phone.

I know of someone who had their screen go defective. The screen went dark on one side. The BELL dealer gave her a new phone as soon as they saw the fault.  My phone has been very good with no faults so far.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bjohnston7

I am not sure how to post a picture here. 

Thanks for the advice. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

I think you have to have 10 posts before it gives you an option to insert a picture. To take a picture press the Up and Down volume together.. To post, click on the picture icon(Green Tree) picture icon.JPG

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bjohnston7

When i press the tree button it give me an option to add a URL. Can't get that to work either....

Please use plain text.