Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
zooners00
My Device: Z10

BBZ10 will not back-up

I have tried on 3 computers so they aren't the problem!  I have erased all previous BB and RIM data on the computer and reloaded everything  Backup still fails.  I have log files.  Can anyone help or do I need to replace phone already  Must be able to back up!  Also, contacts did not copy from Torch.  Had to enter them all manually, so don't' really want to go through that again!

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BBZ10 will not back-up

Hi zooners00,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

If you receive any error message when trying to back up could you please provide the full error message so we can better assist?

I look forward to your reply.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
zooners00

It just gives a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and says Blackberry did not back up.  :-(  Also, my message and text tones will not work when peoplel call, and when I go into notifications they show as working.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey zooners00,

Can you please ask your wireless service provider to open a ticket with BlackBerry support on your behalf so we can investigate these issues further for you and provide a resolution?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
zooners00

Wow, they are creating such grief!  THey are telling me they need to do it themselves and charge me!  Is there any other way?  I'm still on the phone with them!

New Contributor
zooners00

If you phone I can give you wireless code but I would need you to contact me through email - I don't want this info on internet obviously

New Contributor
ibeokwara

I just tried calling customer service for my service provider and they told me they dont get in touch with blackberry. Moreover they said that blackberry released the phone without having the back function working so all owers of the phone have tp wait till whenever blackberry feel they want to give users a backup software or whatever.

I am rather annoyed since i like to back up regularly just to be on the safe side, now if i cant do it and for some reason my phone crashes and i need to restore data i wont be able to do that. This is poor development in my opinion by RIM or blackberry and this is why they are lossin g loyal customers like me everyday. Why will any thinking minded person release a phone that doesnt have the most basic ability as backing up the phone.

POOR DEVELOPMENT RIM, BLACKBERRY or what ever you call yourself now.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

You must have a Blackberry account registered. When you first opened the Link software from the installation I am sure it prompted you for this. If you do not have an account you have to create one. Then the Link software has to be logged in to work. The account has to match the regestered one in the phone. This has to do with the security, so someone else cannot come in to your computer and load another Blackberry phone to read your data.

In the setup (gear wheel icon at the upper right), if the settings are left at default the phone should be able to be backed up. I cannot remember the settings off hand because I am presently away from the computer, but the settings in the setup have to be properly set for the backup to be able to work. If you did not tamper with them, most likely the settings are correct.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
zooners00

Re: BBZ10 will not back-up - UPDATE

I called my service provider - BELL MOBILITY - who are great.  They immediatelyl put me through to BLACKBERRY SUPPORT and they worked with me to get my phone problem resolved.  The reason why the BB10 will not back-up properly is due to corrupt software being transferred from your old device.  I sent BB my old backup - they REPAIRED the files and sent back and presto - all up and working and PERFECT.  The customer service at Blackberry was astounding and I am SO impressed.  Give them a call and they can help!  It's worth it!  Once the phones are running properly they are great and you won't be sorry you upgraded :-)

New Contributor
ibeokwara

Hi guys,

Thabknyou for your replies. I didnt tamper with the settings so and i have my phone and the linknset to my BlackBerry id so i dont know whybits still not working.

I already have my data from my 9900 transfered to my z10 so thats not the issue, if anyone has a number to blackberry support i'll take it because vodafone here in London have effectively washed there hands off this. 

Thank you.