Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

KentGooner
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

BCC problems & corrupted emails

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Looking for a few items which aren't immeditaely obvious as a new user.

Have recently upgraded from my old well loved 9700 as was waiting for the 10 to come out but there are some features which are "missing" from the old - or may not be & I just can't find them!

1) The ability to BCC yourself in to every message without having to manually do it every time.  Very useful for use on the road but wanting to keep your office based Outlook up to date.  As I used to automatically "mark as read" & put in my Sent folder in Outlook when anything came in from me.

2) The ability to have the option to delete emails on your server from the handset - before it was always 'delete from server' or 'delete from handset only'.

Any comments on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Also - is anyone else getting random = signs & bits of HTML formatting text in their sent emails?  It seems to apply to when I send emails only & not text messages.  Wondering if this is a phone problem or system/platform problem which needs resolving.  Although there are some mutterings I haven't seen the Internet awash with complaints - any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmawby
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: BCC problems & corrupted emails

Re your 3rd point - I am seeing HTML characters written into the header of the original note when replying to a text-only email.  It only happens for my work (IMAP) account, but is definitely frustrating.

Please use plain text.