Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
qzmpal
My Carrier: Verizon

BLACKBERRY BACK WITH A BANG

[ Edited ]

Hi Moderators,

Please look into this. First of all I love BB. The qwerty key board is awesome. But here are a few observations which I want to share with You. 

Moderators please share with Blackberry about this. Because, I took lot of time in coming up with these ideas.

1. WORLD IS FOCUSSING ON 4G LTE. 

I see in Your Website, You are using only 4G. Please use it as 4G LTE  because ( Sprint - Wimax, AT&T,T-Moble - HSPA ) Networks might be confusing.

Please think about using 4G LTE in advertising.

2. Software - Security, Multitasking, agility

I should acknowledge that, You developed BB10 from the scratch. I THINK, WHAT MOST OF THE COMANIES ARE MISSING IS, YOU CAN ATLEAST COLLECT IDEAS FROM USERS, WHO USE BB10 IN THEIR DAILY LIFE. 

ATLEAST CONSIDER THEM IN DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING BB10 IN THE FUTURE.

A FORUM/ OR A DISCUSSION BOARD/EMAIL ID WHICH CAN BE TRACKED INSIDE BLACKBERRY TO improve the BB10 experience.

I think this is the point that most of the companies are missing. 

3.  Since hardware is more or less, available for everyone, even Kyocera, Huawei are also making high end smart phones. So instead of concentrating on Hardware, try to improve the software. 

Because, it is like You are 2 Years behind, iOS and Android.

Man I love BB to regain its market share. Gartner predicts, by 2016 BB10 market share will be around1.2%.

Once the undisputed leader is now around 1% means, it hurts me. 

I Love Blackberry.

Your selling point is Software, Try to improve that, collect ideas from people, make it easy for people to communicate with You. Atleast create a platform, where people can share their ideas with You. You can develop further on those.

BECAUSE SOFTWARE IS ALL ABOUT IDEAS.

Don't be another Phillips who lost the ipod idea to Apple, or a Motorola who lost the Touchscreen idea to Apple.

Apple is not great. But it tactically got the ideas from others, then improved them.

If possible consider these.

I REQUEST OTHERS ALSO TO SHARE THEIR IDEAS IF YOU HAVE ANY, IN THIS THREAD. TRY TO IMPROVE THE USER EXPERIENCE OF BB10 AND HOEP SOMEDAY MAY BE SOMEONE FROM BB SEES THIS THREAD.

Sincerely,

A BLACKBERRY USER.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: BLACKBERRY BACK WITH A BANG

as far as I have understood things :
- with BlackBerry 10, the software is not on par or higher than what Android and iOS can deliver. Same for apps except Netflix.
- the z10 is a very end phone from a hardware point of view.

I think that a panel of BlackBerry users did participate in the elaboration of BlackBerry 10, but you and I were not part of it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check the below image where BlackBerry 10 mentioned about 4G LTE. You can also check the this link as well: http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-z10/specifications.html

BlackBerry Z10 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry 10 Smartphone - US 2013-01-31 16-11-30.png

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qzmpal

[ Edited ]

Great. Thanks for the reply. though. Very very useful.

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones.html?CPID=KNC-kw379015_p6&HBX_PK=rim|19124e4a-cdba-8aa9-bbba-00...

can You please check the first phone. Thats the first look anyone will see.

Wondering what will WiMAX and HSPA Customers think after seeing this???????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qzmpal

[ Edited ]

even in the photo which you have above, the image does not show as 4G LTE.

on the top right hand corner.

It says as 4G.

In the link, below also, all the images does not show, 4G LTE.  

Please check the images of the Z10. No where on the screen LTE is there.

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-z10.html

Here is the USA Market, 4G LTE is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

People don't care about 3G or4G anymore.

Verizon is in the final phases of testing Voice over LTE.

So LTE is a very very important term.

It is really very very important for Blackberry to retain its market share here in the USA.

LTE is Status Symbol.

After working Very closely with AT&T and entering a Strategic tieup with AT&T, it is really very very important for Blackberry to Promise the US customers that it is on the right track with the LTE. 

Its a different case with the Developing Countries where, 3G is not on a full scale.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qzmpal

That is what most of the companies are missing out.

For an idea, there is no need for anyone to be a part of that testing team.

They are there to serve customers and the customers have their own needs, 

Painter, Banker, Utility Worker, Teacher, Oil Driller, Musician, student,  doctor, etc. etc...., everyone has their own needs.

I was talking about in those terms. DID THEY TEST WITH THESE GROUPS OF PEOPLE???????

ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL THESE POPLE THE SAME????????

SG4 will have Exynos Quad Core. Its not too long when Galaxy Line will have dual quad core as well. 

Hardware is not a big deal nowadays. 

Its the software and the Apps, Not the hardware anymore. 

Even with less specifications, iPhone is still doing good means, its iOS.

Software means idea. It can come from anyone. 

Its not restricted to only few people or a company.

If You collect the ideas from these people and pass it on to App Developers or incorporate in the future releases of the Software, it will be helpful for BB.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

LTE is a very new technology and as such, many major markets are still rolling it out.  Just to confirm any suspicions you have, the new Z10 supports LTE if your carrier's network has it.  If you buy the phone from a carrier that has an LTE network, your phone will display LTE on the screen. 

I'm with Rogers in Canada.  They have LTE, my phone displays LTE.....and it's amazing!

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.