Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Device: Z10

BLACKBERRY BALANCE Where is it?

I have looked everywhere for BlackBerry Balance. When I was on the main screen I tapped on the search and it brings up a box that has a Balance icon. When I click on it it reads my administrator has turned on blackberry balance. Where is it?
Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook

Re: BLACKBERRY BALANCE Where is it?

Are you using BES. I believe balance is only used with a BES account.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

What is BES
Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport

Correct, you require BES 10 to enable bb balance

Regular Contributor
Jjang

It really isnt BES anymore (Blackberry Enterprise Server)

They now call it Blackberry Enterprise Service - also bundles in Fusion.  This enables blackberry balance and the other corporate functions of the BB (well worth the price)

Here is the link for the info

http://ca.blackberry.com/business/software/bes-10.html?LID=ca:bb:software:businesssoftware:bes-10&LP...

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

I did some reading and it says to setup a work account and this will open up Balance.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

Went to set it up and it asks for a server. What do you use for this?
Regular Contributor
Jjang

Correct - but in order to setup a "Work" account you need BES 10

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

Now that seems like false advertising. I was in Best Buy today looking for a case and I was checking out the advertising for the new Z10 and Balance is all over it but it's not really available to the average guy even if he runs his own business and would like to just keep things separate. I guess it is at a big cost. ;-(
Regular Contributor
Jjang

to be fair to BB (ive done my fair share of complaining) - Balance is really an enterprise tool - to allow corporations segment the corporate data from the consumer data.  Allowing the work space to be segmented.  Under the old Blackberrys when we locked down a unit using BES 5 - we basically locked the unit completely, and it didnt allow the users to load their own apps etc etc.  Balance allows us to lock down the corporate side and control what data flows on and off our networks while having a personal side for the user to do with as they see fit - have their mail account, their apps etc - all while having a central place for those messages to come in (the blackberry hub)

In my opinion - it is the single best feature of the BB 10 - it is also brilliant - it truly shows BB understands their core enterprise market. 

BES 10 / Fusion also gives you alot more control of the device and the security on the device.  If you are attaching to an mail server (even as a small business) it is a cheap investment (I believe they price by the user - but im not 100% sure as we got free upgrades from our existing license of BES 5). 

The value of controlling the data and the device is paramount.  Check out BES 10, you wont be disappointed.