Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

kpe
New Contributor
kpe
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Backspace and return keys make phone inoperable

Whenever I try and try to make a correction using the backspace, the backspace does not stop and erases the entire message. Or if I hit the return key, it doesn't just return to the next line, but repeatedly returns making an infinite number of new lines.

Basically this problem makes the text, messaging, emails and so on useless - I can read things, but can't use the key board at all.

I have tried every setting I can find on the phone, nothing seems to correct this.

What is the fix?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Re: Backspace and return keys make phone inoperable

I have never noticed this when using the keyboard myself. Anyone else?

A swipe anywhere on the keyboard to the left erases an entire word.... otherwise backspace and enter are a one touch one action deal on mine.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gibber52

I had the same problem but found that BB also knows about this and will update the software to fix this with the next release. The solution is to turn off "magnification", I did nit and that has solved that problem

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

I must say, as a die hard physical keyboard user, I love the keyboard on the z10. I can acutally type as fast as a physical keybard because of the word guestures. But your problem must be frustrating. I would actually do a re-boot (I mean pull the battery out for 2 minutes then put it back in, instead of pushing power off button), something is causing this to happen. Was this the case from day one or just started. 

The backspace should only delete one text at a time. If you do a quick swipe to the left,  then deletes the entire word. Wow must be frustrating. Hope re-boot solves the problem. or the new update that is coming soon. I see the leaks all over the net. 

Please use plain text.
kpe
New Contributor
kpe

Thanks for the suggestions. Tapping once doesn't always just delete one character, but often it starts deleting repeatedly with no stopping it until the feild is empty. Changing magnification doesn't seem to help, but turning everything to "off"  in the on-screen keyboard seems to make it occur less often, but not completely. Tapping the enter key still produces infinite returns. Right swipe on the delete and return key also helps rather than tapping it. 

I hope that an update will fix it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WTSOLUTION
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I had a similar problem with the backspace and the letters A and P it was so annoying.  

The fix is simple:

Go into Settings > Accessibility > Magnify > OFF

This should solve the problem.  If not then you have a different kind of issue.

Hope it works

Please use plain text.
robglennie
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

THANK YOU!!!! This was a real life saver... for the Phone! I was ready to return it!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gibber52

I, along with you, were ready to 'deep six' the Z10.  I turned off the magnification last week and have been doing lots with it and the phone is "GREAT".

Love it.

Thank you BB

Please use plain text.