Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Balckberry Z10 SMS delay

I've been using my Z10 for over 5 months now with no problems until this week where i cant receive new SMS until i will restart my phone and all new messages will start to flood. it will be okay for a couple of minutes and it will start not receive mesasges again. Is this a common issue with the z10? i hate it when i need to restart my device just to receive new SMS.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Balckberry Z10 SMS delay

[ Edited ]

Do your regular data services and calling functions work?
Instead of restating your phone, try putting your phone into airplane mode (turn it ON). Give it a few seconds and then turn airplane mode OFF. Did that also cause messages to appear.
Have you checked with your carrier to see if it might be at their end?

New Contributor

Yes, data services is always on and calling functions work too. Just tried setting my phone to airplane mode and it didn't work. Tried resetting it and messages started to show up. I will try to call carrier. Asked my friends whose using the same carrier and they dont have issues with message delay.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

OK, if you turned airplane mode ON and then OFF (cycled it) and no sms, then it doesn't sound like a radio issue. Yes, check with your carrier, but also, have you loaded any apps recently? I had to run a 3rd party email app when I first got my phone as there were POP3 connection issues using the stock app. However, after 10.1 update, I stopped using it because stock issues were resolved. I then began getting a blue screen and restart daily (when I was using email). I removed the 3rd party app which was, apparently conflicting with stock app and problems stopped.

Restarting your phone suggests you may have a conflicting app because you are shutting apps down (temporarily).

New Contributor

and now i have a new problem. i upgraded my os to the latest one and now i havent used my phone for almost 24 hrs now. i posted the details of the new problem with another message on this forum. i hope things will be better with my blackberry z10 coz im getting frustrated with all the updates and failures of blackberry.

New Contributor

im done with the software update and after a few days, the delayed SMS is back.