Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ateh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Maxis

Battery Drained Overnight

I generally charge my Z10 at night and unplug when fully charged before going to bed. On some occasion, not all, I wake up in the morning to find the battery fully drained. I also notice that sometimes the phone gets really hot when on standby during the day and the battery drains faster than other times. What is going on?

I've read in another support thread it may have something to do with some of the apps. I've tried removing/deleting the apps I've downloaded but this is just a deterance, not a solution. Shouldn't Blackberry be testing the apps especially if it's affecting the performance of the handset?

I've read that it has something to do with the new OS update. Is there some kind of solution to this? Some setting I can change to rectify this drain/heating issue?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Battery Drained Overnight

I've read in another support thread it may have something to do with some of the apps. I've tried removing/deleting the apps I've downloaded but this is just a deterance, not a solution. Shouldn't Blackberry be testing the apps especially if it's affecting the performance of the handset?

BlackBerry are not testing the apps. It should be the developer who creat applications. Is your OS is up to date?

Visit the link below for battery saving tips:

Ten ways to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ateh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Maxis

Yes, I believe the OS is updated. Software release 10.1.0.273.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Sometimes in the background the phone is working harder. It may be from an app that did not close properly, or if for some reason it became busy. If there is a high volume of email the battery will go down faster. The background illumination of the screen tends to drain the battery faster.

I found with the Z10, sometimes when connecting it to the charger the charging curcuit in the phone does not always become active. If this happens, disconnect the phone from the charge cable and then re-attach it. Always check to see that the gold color lightning symbol appears on top of the battery symbol. Unfortunately, they made the battery symbol very small on this phone making it more difficult to see it. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus Australia

You may need to discuss with your operator and get a new battery or handset also.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Things to try....

• before going to bed, swipe up to ensure there is nothing running.  Make a note what percentage of the battery is drain in the morning.
  • 2nd day, ensure there is no applications are running, now turn off mobile.  Make a note of what percentage of battery drain in the morning.
  • 3rd day, ensure there is no applications are running, now turn off mobile and wifi.  Make a note of what percentage of battery drain in the morning.

I found wifi scanning when there is no good connections can drain battery quickly.  Same thing if I go into a location where the mobile signal is weak and the phone needs to work harder.

Other things to look for?

• NFC... is near field communcations turned on?
  • Mobile Hotspot... is it turned on?  Quickest way to drain battery for me
  • Bluetooth.... this can also affect battery drain speeds
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

How about rebooting your device?

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.