Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
niijonodhg
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Battery Issue

I know there are multiple threads on this issues on multiple websites - done a fair amount of research around it today.

I got hold of my BlackBerry Z10 last night, I spent the majority of the evening downloading and installing the Software update; also setting up contacts and accounts etc.. 

Charged the phone up to full this morning (from flat) and by 3/4pm this afternoon the battery was completely dead - confused on why the battery was so terrible I started doing some research etc.. I downloaded the Battery Guru app and  so far I'm not impressed with what it's telling me. When I start to use the phone the battery estimate drops to 3-5hours usage; although when the phone is sat doing nothing it'll say 70-100 hours.

As well as the phone heating up every now and again, I'm very confused to why the battery is so terrible.

NFC, WiFi etc.. is turned off.

Any advice or help?

Thanks,

Jono

---------------------------

A newly created BlackBerry enthusiast!
I'm on Twitter @niijonodhg
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Battery Issue

The device may still actually be syncing data from your email and social media accounts.

If it persists I recommend downloading an app called Advanced App Manager. It will show any applications that might be running in the background.

After you install it, reboot the device and then run the app and see what is running. Kill anything that is running and see how the battery does after that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Advanced App Manager free?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yup
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Where can we get this app? From BlackBerry world?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Yes
Please use plain text.
Visitor
cyborggodd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

This happened to me once, from fully charged to flat in 5 hours.  I was using the Maps app option that turns the device into a GPS route advisor.

Possibly not co-incidentally, I have been informed by my carrier that I have used 1/2Gb in this billing period, something that never happened in 3 years with my Bold.

pfg

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
niijonodhg

So I've given the device a few more days,

I've kept my eye on the Battery Guru throughout the day and today I downloaded the Advanced App Manager.

The device now lasts 10-15hours with minimal - and I mean minimal usage; I'm almost scared to use it. Whenever I pick the device up the battery wont have gone down a great deal (standby battery usage seems to be fantastic) however as soon as I start to use it; ie. quick check of the web, sending a BBM/text message etc.. the battery just plumets. 

Theres also been 2/3 occurances of the phone just shutting off completely on its own. Only 2 hours ago I checked the phone, but it on lock, placed it in my pocket - walked 20 yards into a restaurant, got the phone out to take a photo of my little one, only to discover the phone was now off. It took 1/2 minutes before it even registered that I was trying to turn it back on and then when it did the phone heated up immensly, and drained 10% of the battery in about 5 minutes before settling back into its usual state.

After this happened I downloaded the Advanced App Manager and according to it, there is nothing running in the background what-so-ever! :smileysad:

Thanks,

Jono

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
niijonodhg

Ok, so I've given the device a few more days. And for a while everything was peachy (apart from the odd crash and heat up)

The last 2/3 days have been horrendous however. Whereas the standby time for the battery was fantastic, it's now terrible. The phone is constantly heating up throughout the day and when it does I check Battery Guru which tells me the device is discharging between 2 and 2.5w and the phone is DOING NOTHING. I can go into the advanced app manager and it confirms that nothing is running.

I have a colleague who also has a Z10 but yesterday had his sim card in his S4 and his phone was basically a hotplate yesterday and drained his battery in a few hours. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

[ Edited ]

Did you install Advanced App Manager as I suggested above?  Open it up when the device is heating up and see if there is anything running. 

Please use plain text.