If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
marlostarr
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery issues anyone?

Thanks Drew... yes, all your points well noted.  It is new (AT&T); purchased Friday 03/22 and played/setup all weekend long.  Monday was a work day and no play on it, but thats when I realised the battery life was horrible.

So anyhow, experiment last night - about midnight, the phone was fully charged, put it in bedside mode and went to sleep; battery at or near 50% at 7 am this morning; without a single call or any play on it.  Confirmed it was an issue of some sort else this shouldnt have happened.

Charged it full again in the morning and performed a battery pull after that; seems to have lasted all day since... have had approx. 3 hours of calls (I had to be monitoring it now :-)) and perhaps 30 mins of emails on it... not much else done but regardless, a sharp improvement over the last few days.  Now keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to work this way.

If it does indeed work this way going forward, I'd say the resolution was two-part -

1. A few cycles (4-5) of full charge and full drain

2. Plus a battery pull after this (had done a battery pull Monday morning too without avail, but worked this morning perhaps).  I did keep the battery out for about 5 mins this morning after doing the pull... not sure if that matters beyond 30 seconds though.

Will continue to monitor and report... thanks everyone for your help.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

The other annoying thing on this topic is that it only holds status quo when charging from 2.0 usb on my laptop. The only place I ever charger my Torch for 3 years. That also gives you some idea of the continuous drain when idling.

It's a myth that these lithiums need cycles. It's a management algorithm issue of startup. Every battery pull will prolong the agony.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

@monkenko- do you have some data to back up your claim? :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.