Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: telus

Re: Battery life

For some of the people who have been experiencing battery troubles give them an honest couple of runs. If not speak to your carrier.  Some problems are  to be expected and the carriers and blackberry have been amazing with swapping them out.  This one has been great, battery life does in fact improve as the phone learns your typing etc and does less scanning in the background.  The first charge on my first phone lasted just over 5 hours but that is with initializing all apps, setting up phone, and lots of surfing with a new phone.  I now get an average of 11 hours and I am charging at 25 %.  I plan to do a full drain intermittently and imagine I would get 12-15 hrs from that.  I Cannot wait for the external charger. and spare battery, as with that if you get a good system going and you will never be glued to a wall again.  Have used alot of phones and never thought i would want to go back to an all touch screen but this is one bad a$$ phone.  Thank you blackberry!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

I understand that blackberry has ascertained the problem is carrier and or city based. I am with telusmobility in bc Can bb confirm this and elaborate ? Also I am experiencing the opposite problem. My battery life started out great and now is poor. 3 charges a day?
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

You said it, buddy. After 5 days of rubbish battery life and the terrible browser performance ( try going to Google maps ) and no BIS, i returned the Z10 to Vodafone UK. If the Q10 is no better and there is no BIS on it then BB game over. I will run my 9000 until it dies then , sadly, goodby Blackberry.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I hope it does improve!

Mine has to be charged every night, with only light use.

My Bold ran 3 or 3.5 days...!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Personally speaking, I find this whole thing of the battery needing conditioning and learning to be nothing more than wishful thinking ... I've had various iPhones over the past 4 years and never experienced this level of frustration on a brand new model.

UPS delivered my replacement Z10 phone today to replace my original ... but now only to find BlackBerry LINK has a bug in it and won't do a back-up of the phone ... so I am STILL stuck pulling the battery or rebooting the phone 5-6 times a day.

So if I end up having to load all my contacts and information in this new replacement Z10 and experience this same **bleep**, I think I am more or less done ...

New Contributor
My Device: 9860 and playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Mine is going to go back for a new battery. Lasts half a day or less. Using most services, but so did my torch and it lasted all day easily.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

In case anyone is wondering i did a real talktime test.

On a full charge in 3g mode with nfc off, bluetooth off, location services off.... 363mins.

I called my wife's cell and set mine beside a radio.

So 6 hours. Since i use a bluetooth headset daily i wonder how much that would chip into it.

If a company is selling a smartphone with 10hours of talk time then to me it is implied that 3g should be enabled.... To make it smart. 

If you have a smart phone with 3g disabled then you don't really have a smartphone.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: omantel

Same issue with me - I charge twice a day and can feel the heat at the back too.

Battery needs to be improved too
Contributor
My Device: Z30 - Z10
My Carrier: Telus

if you are having heat issues ,,, there is a problem.  So, in a nutshell here is what I did,,,

1. removed my sd card from phone and copied all files to the computer, I then re inserted the SD card and had the phone format it, then I removed it, copied all the files back to it, and re insterted it into the phone.  Issue one resolved

2, load the new software to the phone, you can find it on crackberry, leaked OS for BB Z10

all problems fixed,  I am getting the same if not more battery life then I was in my tourch,,, I am a heavy user, wifi, bluetooth, phone, data, music, and I go from 7am to apprx 3pm before I need a good charge, then I charge for about 1 hr, full charge and when I hit the bed, its still at about 70 percent,,,

hope this helps

BB Z30 = Best phone on the market!

Loving the battery life
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Hi borsodi can i ask what OS version did you install please? was it the 10.0.10.261 if so how are you getting on with it and what differences have you seen etc? I only ask as i have found none so far or any Bug! Fixes either which is making me think its not actually doing anything to help!

Cheers

MrNeon8

Ah the good old iPad