Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Copes
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Battery life

I'll let it drain before charging again. I did let it drain empty the first time, and everything is off that you recommend except WiFi. I've also just removed my MicroSD card. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it or not. I was trying to come up with solutions, and I started to think about my old phone. One of the reasons that I wanted to jump onboard hte Z10 (aside from my love of Berries) is that my Bold 9900 suddenly started to have a lot of battery issues. Dealt with it for about a month waiting for the Z10 to come out. I just chalked it up to the phone being old, and for all I know that could be it. BUT, the same MicroSD card was put into this Z10. Now I'm not tech savvy at all, and maybe I'm chasing nothing, but who knows. Maybe there is something wrong with the card that is causing drain. Worth a shot anyway. We'll see.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

[ Edited ]

Jag: I think that before I take the phone back a 3rd time (if it comes to that) I will buy that charger backup kit. It would be good to have anyway, and I could do a simple battery test as you mention.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagibson
My Device: Z10

oooh.....I recall reading something about battery issues on a Z10 that involved the sd card. The person formatted it and the issues seemed to be solved. Personally, given how cheap they are, I'd buy a new one. I think I read about it on crackberry.com

Please use plain text.
Contributor
molebold9000
My Device: Bold 9000

Oh dear, oh dear.

Too much stress for everybody having problems with poor battery performance, poor apps, no BIS and other issues.

The only way to deal with this, is to put real pressure on BB. Everyone who is having problems should return their Z10 units and go back to their older BBs ( if they have them ) until, if ever, these issues are sorted.

If the Q10 is no better and the BIS push emails have not re-appeared, then BB game over.

Such a pity :-(

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

Hit 75% about ten minutes ago after hovering around 80% longer than I've hovered around any percentage on either phone so far. I also removed hte SD card at 80%, and restarted the phone, so we shall see if things improve. Hearing that an SD card was the problem before, I'm optimistic. I just had a piddly little 2GB card in there and I don't even know when or where it came from, so if tossing that card solves my problem I will happily snap it in two and move on.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

I'd say that returning phones may not really help solve the issues UNLESS you return it with a detailed list of all the problems encountered and all steps taken to attempt to resolve the issues.

Everyone would be better working through the issues with the carrier from day one. And highlighting the fact that for example you have eliminated the sd card by using the phone without one and that you know from the blackberry forum that there's quite a few other Telus users with the same issue (if you are with them) and some believe there is an issue with one of their updates / signal strength. This way both the carrier and BlackBerry can build a bigger picture.

If people on this thread post their software version and carrier on their post or signature and whether their phone is good or bad we may spot some patterns between us!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

Out of interest, my Z10 takes around 2hrs to do a full charge with the standard charger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

[ Edited ]

Well, the reason for the first return is that it seemed like the easiest solution, if I had recieved a dude. While this phone is undoubtedly better (further strengthening my belief that there was something seriously off about the first phone) it still wasn't great.

Anyway, I AM with Telus. I am running Software Version 10.0.9.348.

And, battery is now 65%. 10% drained since last post, which I think rules out the SD Card as the problem. Phone has been unplugged for 3 hours and 16 minutes and dropped 35% with only BBM and Email useage. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck

If I have to take this phone back for a 3rd, I'm done with BlackBerry altogether and will go back to iPhone ...

It's not a carrier that has a bad batch as my two units are from two separate locations and serial numbers are miles apart... its a flaky OS that I suspect is being triggered to run something in the background by users ...

It's a great concept and design. But just wasn't really ready for release ...
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

What is the BlackBerry Customer Support Number? I'll happily call up and try to work through the problem with them, and provide them as much information as I can. Their website makes it seem like they are hiding their Customer Service number.

http://ca.blackberry.com/customer-service/contact-us.html

Please use plain text.