Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Battery life

it sounds to me like, if that is indeed the case, then an OS reload might just fix it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Does Blackberry ID Save contacts? If I try to uninstall the OS by myself, will re-signing in with BBID work to restore my list?

The reason I ask was that when I swaped from Phone #1 to Phone #2, Telus was unable to restore my contacts. I spent about half an hour in the back of the store manually transfering over important numbers from the 600+ I had on my phone. I then left, and went home, and setup the new phone. Sure enough, after signing into BBID, Facebook, Twitter, etc... the old numbers all reappeared. I specifically checked for ones I know I didn't manually input, and they were there.

I assumed it was BBID, and not something odd that happened, but I want confirmation that this will happen again before I risk losing all contact information.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Carrier: Rogers

Gee I've just been saying it's an OS issue for a while now ... its pretty obvious when dealing first hand and reading the issues being experienced ... but if you want to believe different, keep drinking your BlackBerry koolaid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BB_Z10
My Device: Z10

@Copes

It doesn't at this point. However if you have your previous BB phone with contacts you can tranfer them via bluetooth. Here is the link for the solution http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/solution-transferring-contacts-z10-767033/. Or if you previously backed up your older BB, using BB Link you can choose loading data from the older backup and select Contact only from the list of available options.

BTW, thank you for sharing the support conversation.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

No problem. I've recieved a pile of help here, so if I can be of help to anyone in the future I hope to be. Sharing the conversation with you all should shed some light on an issue many are having.

As for having my old device, I do not, but I DO have a Playbook. I imagine that should work. I'll investigate. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BB_Z10

[ Edited ]

Should clarify though that the contacts are stored within the backup and should be restored. However it didn't work for me that way. I had a full backup of my BB9900 and restored all contacts from that backup. One more option is also save the contacts to sim card. In Contacts app swipe down from the top of the screen and select settings. Scroll down and you will find Copy Contacts to SIM Card option.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

I think I'll use the SIMCard method, and in actuality that may be how it happened before when I swapped phones. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck

So here's a thought ... does anyone know if there is a way to pull up what is running in the background.?

On iOS you tap the home button twice, then you hold down the app to close it down ... it would be interesting to do this, then leave the phone sitting and note any change in battery charge drop ...
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The active frames screen is what is running in the background. No 3rd party apps can run without being in the Active Frames.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ
My Carrier: Koodo

Since this thread seems to be on fire I figured I would re-itterate what my own battery life test results were.

LTE disabled - (just forced hspa / utms 3g mode)
bluetooth disabled
wifi disabled
nfc disabled
location services disabled

made a phone call from my cell to my wife's (hers was plugged in and timing the call).

I put my phone beside a radio so there would be actual audio transmission.

lasted 6 hours.

I use this for business and my cell number is a local yellowpages published number. Has been for about 6 years. So I do use it a lot for an actual phone. So far ... I have been making it through a business day for all of my normal activities. Sometimes thing are really heavy. That's what the car charger is for..... but yes.... it should be lasting longer... IMHO. (for a business centric phone)
Please use plain text.