Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Copes
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Battery life

PC: Check out my post on the previous page. It seems the poor battery in some cases is a known Blackberry Issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

I am trying to reinstall the OS now using the link provided by BB_Z10: http://crackberry.com/how-reload-your-blackberry-10-smartphone-operating-system

I can't tell though if it is just updating, or if it is completely reinstalling the OS. I think I did it right, and based on the lengthy download time I imagine it is installing the whole OS and just an update, but I really don't know. I didn't fully understand what I was doing, I simply followed the steps and hoped that I did it right. 

Anyway, I'll provide information on my results.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ
My Carrier: Koodo

Oh there is no DOUBT in my mind we need some updates.

I almost brought the phone back. But I like the taste of koolaid and I think I'm gonna ride this one out.

I want to see some updates SOON. Especially on the playbook front.

I felt betrayed about the BB Bridge functionalisty being lost.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

Agreed. Its very disapointing that this is happening. It shouldn't be. That being said, it's promising that it can be fixed, and not that I have had two duds (or worse, that one of their manufacturers failed and there is a massive batch of duds).

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

It sounds like you're doing the update correctly. I've done it once and it takes about an hour.

I had heard that the devices have been ready and in storage for months but that OS updates still needed to be done to be ready for release. It makes sense that the devices have been updated and that process may have corrupted something. It shouldn't happen but here we are.

Well done!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

At least now we know, and can provide answers to anyone having the issue in the future.

I have updated the OS. Everything went smoothly. Saving contacts to the SIN Card was very easy and worked no problem. I am now trying to charge the phone to full (it was on zero). I suppose we won't know until tomorrow if this is any better. There is still a lot of heat coming off the back, but I suppose that considering what it just went through that isn't that surprising. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Carrier: O2 UK

I'd be really interested to see what the processor is doing on the phones. Had a thought last night that maybe some phones were running at 100%, while others were changing processor speed dynamically with usage. This would also explain the heat and rapid battery usage. You see the same thing in laptops and pc's.

Anyone know of a cpu monitor?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Carrier: O2 UK

Couldn't find one on app world but did find geek bench 2 which says I have an arm v7 processor running at 820MHz. My first benchmark running nothing was 1646 and my second whilst running a browser a video and an mp3 was higher at 1711.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

Sigh. I'm getting really disheartened.

I really thought reloading the OS would work (based on what buddy at BlackBerry told me). However, if anything, it has made the Battery drain worse. I unplugged at 7:52am. It is now 9:05am and I am down to 75% battery life remaining. I have sent 4 BBMs and 2 Texts, and recieved 5 BBMs and 1 text.

I can't work like this. I can't wait three weeks for an update. I really with we could get some sort of time frame from BB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ
My Carrier: Koodo

wow - you MUST have bad hardware. There must be a bad batch of phones or batteries.

iirc - this has happened to you on multiple z10's? if so - it would be interesting for people to start recording / reporting their serial numbers. There might be a trend in the numbering.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes

[ Edited ]

Serial Number: 0617-7460-6563

I do not, unfortunately, have the serial number of my 1st phone that didn't work. I did, however, get it from the same store 4 days before picking up this one. My guess is they were from the same skid.

I'm starting to think its a bad batch as well. I don't understand much about this sort of thing, but my guess is that if it were a software issue then reinstalling the OS could have helped.

What I really wish was that I knew someone nearby with a Z10 so that I could swap batteries and see if that changes anything. My friend with the Z10 who I have referenced is about 8 hours away.

Please use plain text.