Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: Battery life

@jmateer

Why don't you swap batteries for a day and let us know how you and your friend get on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

That would be a GREAT test!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Copes
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I'd be interested in that test as well, since I unfortunately have no one to switch with. It sounds like you have the same issue I do.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Not sure if you want to go this route, but given the problems I had with my first Z10 and expecting more, I bought this spare and charger combo:

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-battery-charger-bundle-acc-50256-101/8A37A13566.htm

Initial reason was to have it to get thru the day or on ocasions where I can't be tied to an AC outlet such as trade shows or conferences ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagibson
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Buy the charger bundle and see what happens. You can always return it if it doesn't last longer than the one that came with the phone
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The battery bundles aren't even shipping yet. I have one on its way from the UK that I bought on eBay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagibson
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Oh, I'm in Ontario, we already have them in Canada they came out Feb 20th
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBZ10UK
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

i am a UK business user with poor battery life,. Followed advice here about turning off everything I don't use but despite trying a new battery I get between 4.5 and 7 hours usage before the battery dies even if I dont use the phone for anything.

Then.... at work, a colleague in IT spotted that my Z10 was making 18000 data requests to the server every day. All other phone users, mainly iPhones and older BBs are making 200-500 a day. My phone has used 950Mb polling the server in the last week. Other users max 50Mb . I'm the only one with a Z10.

So, in the background my phone is working very hard all the time talking to the server and draining the battery.

We think we have found the problem, but not the answer yet.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

What version of Exchange is your company on?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBZ10UK
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

an older version definitely , i think it is 2003, I'll check.

Please use plain text.