Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
peacelily
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Battery life

I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, because I didn't read every post on the 29 pages of answers!  But I had the same issue my first day with my z10.  The second time my battery was almost dead after about 3 hours of limited use and I had tried adjusting settings and making sure my wifi was off, etc. I stopped by a Verizon store, and the rep checked my network settings... under "mobile network" the "network technology" setting was set at "global."  He said it would always be searching for a global signal, and changed the setting to "LTE/CDMA." That seemed to solve the problem -now I usually have 40-50% battery life left after a days use with the phone -and I'm on it quite a bit still playing with settings, apps, the camera, etc.  Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VortacPhotos
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the Z10 since 15 February and i love it. Depending on use, i got between 7 and 12 hrs continuously. Since yesterday, the battery is discharging very quickly. I removed the last 3 registered applications, I thought back to all the changes I could make. No answer.

I did some tests this morning and one was successful: in WiFi mode only, no drop in 2 hours of use. But, as soon as I activate the cellular network, I see the battery loses its charge very quickly. I monitor the phone to see if the connexion (on and off?) is not the new problem...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FrankSiedler
My Carrier: e-Plus

I had about 9 hours to drain the battery with Internet usage and email push. Now i drained the battery completely until the Z10 turned off. After recharging now i have about 15 hours with equal usage!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VortacPhotos

Everything is back as before since I made the change to the HSPA + / UMTS instead of global. I get easily 9-10 hours of battery life ... :Innocent:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anilu7

Are you using a lot of BBM?  I find that BBM, especially groups, REALLY drains my battery.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VortacPhotos

Unfortunately, I have no friends with a BlackBerry, except my girlfriend and we go towards text message.

At the same time on other forums, many seem to identify the mobile device (like I did) and a insconstant network as one major problem that affects the battery life.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Why would you text when you could bbm?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gdicker

I had my Z10 for 2 months with no issue. Then all of a sudden one morning I unplugged my phone at 7:00 and went to work. By 11:00 my battery was dead and phone was hot. Never had it out of the holster once. My average data usage was in teh 300mb range the previous 2 months. I called my carrier and they informed me my phone gobbled up 250 mb that morning while it sat in the holster. Never even had it out all morning!. They flagged my account with the issue and I am hoping they will waive overages for the month since we only have 650 mb shared and I'm over now with a week and a half to go in the cycle. 

I saw on Crackberry somewhere that Blackberry could identify what used to data but doesn't your carrier have to contact them for that?

I love the phone but if this prevelant issue can't be fixed I think I'm hanging up my Blackberry loyalty to watch them slowly burry their reputation deeper and deeper!  *sigh 

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes. You should contact your carrier and have them escalate the case to BB so they can get a copy of your logs. However, they may need to wait until the device does it again in order to get the log info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gdicker

[ Edited ]

Well here's hoping my carrier is going to waive the fees!

It's getting to be a pain flipping data on and off and running wireless only.

Please use plain text.