Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
FrankSiedler
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

Re: Battery life

Could that come from an update? Perhaps BlackBerry 10.1 wanted to be installed and the download came from that?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

There is no way to know what it was without looking at logs right after it happened. An update would have prompted you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gdicker
My Device: Z10

Not to mention the update is not 250 mb
Please use plain text.
jono_ca
My Carrier: Telus

We are finding that it has to do with either active sync or the bes sync.  And it is related to the number of contacts that we have in our address book which is over 6500.  With no contacts pushed to the BB, the Z10 lasts for the 9-x hours that others seem to get.  When we add contacts, the battery will behave some days and other days it can drain in about 20 minutes.  When the sync occurs, something happens and we end up getting duplicates.  2x or 3x 6500 is a big number to be syncing.  I had one user that ended up with about 10x in duplicates.  Thats a big number to be syncing.  Ticket is open with Blackberry.  The odd thing is that it doesn't occur every day.  We have swapped out the BBs in question.  We have replaced batteries.  Nothing cures the problem except for not allowing contact push to the BB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmmcanada
My Carrier: Sasktel

Sorry I did not read all the 31 pages of posts here, but I recently got upgraded to a Z10 and had serious battery issues until today.  This forum thread helped me solve my problem and I want to pass along my thanks.

Battery would last about 5 hours with all possible power savings measures taken.  No wifi, bluetooth, reduced to 4G not LTE, minimum backlight, etc.  The phone got hot on the back, a sure sign battery power is being wasted.  I got a second battery and tried it, same result.  OS = 10.1.0.4181

One of the earlier posts here said you must format your micro-SD card on the phone.  I had moved my SD card from my old Torch (which I loved) as a way of transferring the data.  So I backed up the data last night and formatted the SD card on the phone.

THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM !!!

I now have dramatically improved battery life.  Today I started out at 100% and at the end of the day still had about 80% with light use. 

Thank you to the other contributors who gave this suggestion.  I am a happy BB guy again!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Good work. Haven't used an SD card yet but will need to soon. I find the second battery and charger is invaluable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abienoona
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi everone...new to BB. Got my z10 the other day....loved it, but only problem is battery...i feel like it has a bug. Atleast for the latest firmware... i inserted a new sim and battery dropped to half! I restarted again and it returned to its normal...also problem with the phone quickly heating. I know igs not only me suffering from overheating BB phone...maybe another bug fix from the BB team will end all these issues...i hope so... has someone report this issue yet? Thanks a lot for reading this post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anilu7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Often when a phone is new, the settling and syncing it does causes higher than normal battery use, and possible overheating. What OS are you on and have you updated after you got it? I don't know what caused the battery drop when you inserted the other SIM though. Anyone else?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

abienoona wrote:
Hi everone...new to BB. Got my z10 the other day....loved it, but only problem is battery...i feel like it has a bug. Atleast for the latest firmware... i inserted a new sim and battery dropped to half! I restarted again and it returned to its normal...also problem with the phone quickly heating. I know igs not only me suffering from overheating BB phone...maybe another bug fix from the BB team will end all these issues...i hope so... has someone report this issue yet? Thanks a lot for reading this post.

What OS do you have on your phone? 

Do you have any apps that you downloaded recently?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Battery indication problems can happen when the device/OS gets out of sync with the battery. A few reboots should fix the battery indication issue. If not, I would suspect a faulty battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.