Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery life

I've heard of this with Exchange 2003. I'm on an Exchange 2003 myself but my battery life is reasonable...maybe like 10-12 hours with moderate use. In afraid to ask my IT dept to look at it. They might bump me off of it then I'm in a mess.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

@John_Clark

Yes, it would be a GREAT test. I seem to remember suggesting it in an earlier rant.......

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

I'm quite surprised at all the messages I've been reading about the short life span of the battery of other's Z10s! Charged it on full for the first time approx 6pm Sat night, unplugged it 10am Sun morning and even at 11pm last night (Mon) I still had about 25% battery and that's with Facebook, Battery Watch and e-mails running as normal, NFE turned off and screen settings on low

Contributor

[ Edited ]
There is something very odd going on here. The first test that must be done is for two people, one who is having good results, such as michi30885 and somebody who is having very poor battery performance to swap batteries. If the problem follows the battery, then we have at least one piece of the jigsaw. If not, then that particular Z10 has a problem. I suspect both things can be true, sometimes together. I would recommend keeping clear of such urban myths as SD cards and OS versions until BB make a pronouncement.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I have requested that my company's IT guy, who is the only other person I could think of who picked up a Z10 in the immidiate area, swap batteries with me for an hour so we can see if the problem follows the battery. His Z10 is working fine, mine, obviously, is not. I'll report any findings here. The issue is that I'm not sure when / if we will get a chance to do this. I have to wait until he has some time to hang out at our office for an hour or so (he has multiple IT clients).

Contributor

@Copes Cool. I look forward to the results! Unfortunately, i don't have anyone near me that I can do this swap with.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Copes, are you sure you're not having the same issue that the user in the UK is having with Exchange 2003? Are you on an Exchange server? Do you know what version of Exchange you're on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

I don't know if I am on an exchange server. I assume I am not, based on not knowing what it is you are referring to. But I suppose its possible. 

Guru I

Did you connect to your work email using Exchange Active Sync in the mail setup?
Regular Contributor

No, work email was connected to using IMAP.