Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-1
My Carrier: mtn

Battery life

My Z10 is now turning off with half a battery. What could be wrong? Is no more than 6 months old.
Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery life

[ Edited ]

Likely just a difference in the on-device battery meter and the actual battery charge, not uncommon with Li-Ion batteries and the on-device software which estimates the battery power level.

Do this, when your battery gets about 50%, charge it with the OEM wallcharger and press and hold the top edge power button for 30 seconds until the device reboots. This should reset that charge level.

If you don't notice a difference, do the same thing, but this time remove the battery while charging and replace to reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus Australia

JSanders,

Do you know is BlackBerry doing anything about these battery issues and the short life on the Z10?
Contributor

No, I think sometimes they don't even care when you read all this postings. I tried what you said and still fresh but using the charger that came in the box the battery icon indicates that the charger is not the one for the phone. Who figures????
Contributor

Just to keep the issue. I did everything here but now is shutting down with not even 3/4 of the battery. It seems that something happens but now is worst and the fact the the original charger is lot working and even draining the battery worries me. I hope some has something else to say. I starting ti query why blackberry spend so much time in this device. Are they teasing us??????
Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

danielsydney wrote:
JSanders,

Do you know is BlackBerry doing anything about these battery issues and the short life on the Z10?

Daniel, it's my understanding that several of the upgraded OS releases do deal with power consumption.

For your case, I think it is what I stated.

Try again what I stated above with the full battery out, over the next couple of charges. And don't let the charge drop below 20%, try the battery out trick while connected to the charger when you know the device has a decent charge.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code