Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
logi
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: airtel
Accepted Solution

Battery problem after latest OS update

I got my z10 a month ago. It was working fine with all those android apps. As soon as I updated my os to 10.2.1.2941, I started encountering several problems.

1.battery decaliberation, false battery reading(i re-caliberated it time and again but it happens to appear again).

2.battery drain- my dispaly is eating up some 20% of battery, if my phone is in stand-by mode, my stand-by mode eats up 15% of battery(it's been 12-13 days since I updated the OS so no question of OS still installing certain things in background, moreover, I've even deleted all my mail accounts as in some cases they were the reason for battery drain).

3.well, still I can't open more than 8 apps( This feature was a prominent one in this very update,I can't see it though).

4.Battery heats up.

5.I can now see lags while multitasking, earlier it was not there.

I updated OTA and it was an official update.
In case I need to autoload the OS again, please provide me the llink with the steps. Using BlackBerry for the first time and I'm a noob.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Battery problem after latest OS update

Please use plain text.
Contributor
logi

Thanks for the link, I tried the above link but I'm unable to open the page. Used chrome and Firefox on my pc.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It opened fine for me:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Post-Blackberry-Z10-OS-upgrade-10-2-1-537-phon...

Also, I highly recommend doing this:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Critical-Update-for-OS-10-2...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
logi

Thanks guys!! I think the patch is working just fine :smileyhappy:. Will check it after I do a full charge cycle. For now it's just fine. Thank you very much :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Awesome! It needed to be done regardless. Keep us posted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
logi

Okay, so this update is working fine for me, it's just that battery drops down from 100% to 75% within 30-45 mins but after that, it stays for long! And frankly, I don't think it's an issue because I'm getting a battery backup of 12-14 hrs which is good for me, hope 10.3 solves the problem of fully!! Kudos guys!! :smileyhappy: love my z10
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Try removing the battery for about 90 minutes. This will reset the battery meter on the device.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
logi

I tried that, didn't help.. my battery back up is good now, but it's like it gets to 0% too soon and holds on at 0% for some 4-5 hours :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.