Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
zarSea
My Device: Z10

Battery, wifi and other

Ok so I have had this Z10 for since May last year and I seem to alkways fight with it.

1. I see loads of people have the battery issue of it getting to a certain point and then switching off, sometimes it is nearly impossible to get it to turn on again. I will try some of the suggestions made in those threads although I have pretty much done that. Mine cuts at about 32% which is usually after 8hours of minimal use. I also often have the issue of it heating up at random, nuking its battery power even when I am not using it... I don't keep apps open (only BBM and WhatsApp).

2. I still have this issue of it not wanting to connect to a saved wifi zone. I discovered that sometimes (not often), if I turn the radio off, it will connect again and after a while I can turn the radio on again and it stays connected for a while. But it is a daily thing, a few times a day, where I must beg it to connect to wifi. I only have 3 wifi zones saved for my 3 offices.

3. Booting is slow and takes about 10 minutes before BBM and WhatsApp will stay open and be stable, otherwise they just crash and close.

4. If I accidentally call a number (eg: a number on speed dial favourites and I flip between all calls and missed call tabs), it doesn't cancel the call quick enough, usually ends up me giving that person a missed call. Happens with any number, not just favourites.

Just a suggestion on the side, when dialling a number, it would be great to be able to do corrections from within the number because at the moment you can only edit from the end by deleting, so if you have 0123336666 but you meant 011 at the start, you have to erase the whole number to correct it. Would be really cool if this was improved!

Can anyone offer any advise or fixes on these issues?

Thanks

Contributor
gokrish2
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha B

Re: Battery, wifi and other

Same Issue here with the Wifi. Along with it am not able to connect to LEAP serivces in my office network.

New Contributor
zarSea
My Device: Z10

Re: Battery, wifi and other

Software version 10.2.1.2977 (latest available from carrier)

Model: STL100-1