Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jwrichey
My Device: z10

Battety overheating

What is causing my battery to overheat? Have had to remove battery till it cools and reinsert
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Battety overheating

Are you sure it's the battery and not the device processor?

Can you give us some information about your device and what you do with it? Apps installed, games played, email and other accounts syncing, charging, etc. all contribute to what the device does.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
BB-Honda
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

My also overheating. It can be on the table. Doin nothing. And start to warm up!!
Trusted Contributor
radsystems
My Device: BlackBerry

The battery heats up when the phone uses more processing power. This can be caused by resource intensive apps like games or with lots of things turned on in the background.

You can keep track of the battery temperature using Charger Alert, which can also alert you when the battery is overheating (above the recommended operating temperature).

Also ensure you have the latest OS version for your phone, as issues like these are sometimes resolved with new updates.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

It's actually not the battery. It's the processor itself. If you remove the back cover while it's heating up you'll find that the heat comes from near the charging port where the processor is. The battery may warm up slightly but the heat you feel is the processor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
radsystems
My Device: BlackBerry

It will be a combination of the processor and the battery. The CPU will start to heat up as the processing demands increase, and the battery will heat up as the increased processing requires more power.

Guru I
John_Clark

Yes but not to the extent the processor does. The heat you can feel is the processor.