Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bb 10 Calendar issue

No event in calendar after switching devices from Torch - I don't use online calendars (just few entries from my colleagues who share them with me thru outlook) most entries in my Torch have been manually added. Please help - need to carry 2 devices with me

New Contributor

Re: Bb 10 Calender issue

How you can sync calendar only? Can BB finaly sort it out!!!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

After much searching...I think that tip to sync the calendar only via Link was a mistake.  I don't think it's possible.

Pretty sure BB10 is designed to be similar to Apple in using cloud technology - so they assume most people will eventually switch to that format.  So it might be time to start changing the way we (blackberry users) think.

That said, I think I figured out a way by syncing my old Bold with Outlook, then importing that calendar into a web based calendar (associated with one of my email accounts)...then the Z10 will draw from that. 

Check out my more detailed post about what I did and tried in the following thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/New-Blackberry-10-Sync-to-Outlook/m-p/2145845#...

New Contributor
My Device: BB 10

BB10 Calendar problem SOLVED!!!

Step 1: DO NOT do a device switch using BB Link!

Step 2: On your old device, do a device switch using an "SD Card' - this helped me big time since it copied everything!

Step 3: On your BB10 device, insert the old SD card, and complete the device switch using the "SD Card" option.

Step 4: Voila! All your calendar, phone book and personal data is all transferred on to your new BB10.

All the best!

New Contributor

Bb 10 Calender issue - SOLVED

BB10 Calendar problem SOLVED!!!

Step 1: DO NOT do a device switch using BB Link!

Step 2: On your old device, do a device switch using an "SD Card' - this helped me big time since it copied everything!

Step 3: On your BB10 device, insert the old SD card, and complete the device switch using the "SD Card" option.

Step 4: Voila! All your calendar, phone book and personal data is all transferred on to your new BB10.

All the best!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

I have a similar issue where the Calendar App just locks up and closes when trying to change time.  

I can't add any items or edit any existing ones (items that were synced from gmail calendar).

Every time I add a new item, the next screen loads where I can choose time and other details.  When I click on the dropdown for choosing the time, the Calendar App locks up and closes. 

If it is something I am doing wrong I would like to know. I have 14 days to return the device from point of purchase.  12 days left to figure this out otherwise the device is getting retured.

New Contributor

Re: Bb 10 Calender issue - SOLVED

yes, great - but I have 1st Torch runing on OS 6.0 - THERE IS NO OPTION TO TRNSFER OVER BY SD CARD - please correct me if I'm wrong...

New Contributor

I found this problem too but noted it was only if I didn't have the calendar set first. As long as I set the calendar it worked

Incidentally I found the solution of sync old device to Outlook, Outlook to Rogers Yahoo worked for me so far.

Bold9000->Bold 9700->Bold 9790

Now rocking the Z10 and Playbook
New Contributor

Re: Bb 10 Calender issue - SOLVED

try to update your os to os7 and then do the transfer....

New Contributor

How you sync Outlook to Rogers Yahoo?